Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 23, 2010   #1
liannenc
Tomatovillian™

Default Spraying questions

I've got two questions that I hope the folks here who are more knowledgeable than I am can answer! I just mixed up a gallon of Ortho Garden Disease Control to spray my 'maters, but I'm hesitating right now... it's 11:30 and I'm just outside Charlotte, NC (heaven help me, it's "Race Week" and I'm glad I've got my container garden plants to keep me busy since I'm not going ANYWHERE besides my own yard today!) and it's about 85 degrees. It's mostly sunny but there are clouds moving in & out.

I seem to remember that the OGDC should be sprayed only in the morning or late in the day, after the peak sun hours... am I remembering correctly? If I am, I've already got this stuff mixed-- will it be okay to hold it until this evening? I don't know whether it will stay "active" if I keep it sitting around or if it will degrade over the next few hours. I'm keeping it in the house which is right at 75 degrees, so it's not sitting out in the sun but I realize it still may be worthless by this evening. What do y'all think??
liannenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010   #2
puzzley
Tomatovillian™

It'll be fine until this evening. You'll have no problem with it degrading in a few hours. I would, however, park it in the shade until then...
puzzley is offline   Reply With Quote