Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 1, 2016   #1
MikeInCypress
Tomatovillian™

Default Snow White

Let me preface this by saying I love SunGold and SunSugar. But I am starting to lean towards saying that Snow White is my favorite cherry. There is something about that sweet taste that appeals to me. Last year I lost my two Snow White Plants to the late frost we had so I was looking forward to tasting it this year. Its in an Earthbox and is in a good location and I had my first two fruit yesterday. They were better than I remembered. I just hit the reservoir with some TTF to make up for all the rain we have had. Is there any other yellow/white that is as sweet?

MikeInCypress
Old May 1, 2016   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInCypress View Post
Let me preface this by saying I love SunGold and SunSugar. But I am starting to lean towards saying that Snow White is my favorite cherry. There is something about that sweet taste that appeals to me. Last year I lost my two Snow White Plants to the late frost we had so I was looking forward to tasting it this year. Its in an Earthbox and is in a good location and I had my first two fruit yesterday. They were better than I remembered. I just hit the reservoir with some TTF to make up for all the rain we have had. Is there any other yellow/white that is as sweet?

MikeInCypress
I know Snow White very well,they were bred by Joe Bratka, and he also bred Rabbit and Super Snow White and Ghost, and all are white,tending to ivory as well as most whites do,depending on foliage cover, etc..

I don't know if you grow this one if you will consider it sweet,many do,or more full flavored, but there it is,ta da

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Dr._Carolyn

And this one

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...abelle_Blanche

And this one

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...ampagne_Cherry

And I've grown all of the above.

Carolyn
Old May 1, 2016   #3
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Super snow white is one of my favourites. larger fruits but still a cherry. delicious and sweet but tastes like a tomato too
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2016   #4
Yak54
Tomatovillian™

I've grown Snow White a couple of times and liked it very much. Been meaning to try "Super" Snow White to compare the two.

Dan
Yak54 is offline   Reply With Quote