Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 9, 2018   #1
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Default Please help me ID these varieties

I spent most of the afternoon in my back room where all my older seeds are b/c a woman sent me some seeds and I asked her what I could send her as thanks, and found them.

But I also found the following varieties loose at the bottom of the container.All in small ziplok plastic with a yellow piece of paper with the name on it.

I thought I'd ask here first since I really don't have the time to go searching right now. I don't see a seed age,but there lots of very small seeds,maybe cherry tomatoes?

Ceanra
Naeroh
Eytra
Keycoj
Zorn
Vacho

Any help would be much appreciated.

Carolyn
Old April 13, 2018   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I spent most of the afternoon in my back room where all my older seeds are b/c a woman sent me some seeds and I asked her what I could send her as thanks, and found them.

But I also found the following varieties loose at the bottom of the container.All in small ziplok plastic with a yellow piece of paper with the name on it.

I thought I'd ask here first since I really don't have the time to go searching right now. I don't see a seed age,but there lots of very small seeds,maybe cherry tomatoes?

Ceanra
Naeroh
Eytra
Keycoj
Zorn
Vacho

Any help would be much appreciated.

Carolyn
I'll wait one more day for feedback and I did check Tania,nothing, I then went to Ventmarin in France,nothing,so here's my game plan.

Rob, a local person has for many years raised my transplants and brought them up here and
before that he comes here and I give him seeds for himself as well. And someone saw him in Town and he said he must get in touch with me soon.His day job is very
busy right now since he sells equipment for mowing large area such as golf clubs and schools, and Country Clubs.

So I plan to grow a couple of them here at home,maybe he will do the same where he is now and I don't know where he is living now but do have his cell#.He's getting married and I very much want to congratulate him on that.

Other than that, rather than going back to the Trade Forum for this,I will make an offer right here for anyone who wants to be surprised, and will give my em addy,no PM's please, and ask for a home address back to me, and which ones,hopefully not just one,maybe all of them, some for this year and some for next year, since if not in the US it means Global Forever stamps,and I do have a few of those left. Yes,I can ask my local USPS person to get more, that is true

Carolyn, who has never had a situation like this before with seeds she could not ID, viz, they were not in some way Ided by the person who packed them and they are beautiful seeds,no scraps of tomato tissue, etc.
Old April 13, 2018   #3
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

Hey Miss Carolyn,
The variety names mean zilch to me, but they look like they could be fun to play with. I'll give a few of them a try. What's the procedure here?

Regards,
Jon

~Jon~ Downheah, Mississippi
Goodloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2018   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Other than that, rather than going back to the Trade Forum for this,I will make an offer right here for anyone who wants to be surprised, and will give my em addy,no PM's please, and ask for a home address back to me, and which ones,hopefully not just one,maybe all of them, some for this year and some for next year, since if not in the US it means Global Forever stamps,and I do have a few of those left. Yes,I can ask my local USPS person to get more, that is true

Carolyn, who has never had a situation like this before with seeds she could not ID, viz, they were not in some way Ided by the person who packed them and they are beautiful seeds,no scraps of tomato tissue, etc.

I gave the way to ask for seeds BUT forgot to add my e-mail address,ahem,so here it is.

cmale@aol.com

Carolyn'
Old April 13, 2018   #5
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Will send saseif you have xtra
Old April 13, 2018   #6
imp
Tomatovillian™

Emailed you. Especially if they are cherries, I can get them up and going here.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2018   #7
imp
Tomatovillian™

Just spoke with Carolyn, and she is having computer problems. She's made a call to her computer guy, Wayne, but had to leave a message and is waiting to hear back from him. Since she cannot get to her email, posting out seeds may take a bit longer until she can get in her email to get the addresses for posting them out to everyone who has responded.

If there are more updates, I'll post here as well as in a separate thread.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2018   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I am back, thanks to Wayne who did call me, we went to TEAM viewer where he takes over my computer,not going to go into the details,

But I have to get back to some you about the e-mails you sent me since several of you didn't give me a complete home address.

Right now I have 218 new e-mails to go thru,so it will be awhile before I get back to you,meaning it won't be tonight, I've had it in spades,probably the first of the week,maybe.

Carolyn
Old April 15, 2018   #9
walt456
Tomatovillian™

Glad to see you're back up and running Carolyn.
walt456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018   #10
Moshou
Tomatovillian™

I think that the names are very funny

For instance this one 'Naeroh'
If we add 'c' at the end and read back results 'Chorean'
Old April 16, 2018   #11
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Back again since I had trouble getting online yet again, only tried 30 min ago due to ferocious winds and don't want to be online when the power goes out. So now I have to review the em's that were sent to me to see who wants what.

Since the seeds are so small I will wrap them in Kleenex first, and tape them, then put them in my normal coin envelopes.

I know one person got back to me with a complete address and I'll have to review those em's again, to see if I have addresses for the others,some I do and some I don't.

All for now,

Carolyn
Old April 17, 2018   #12
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Back again, trying to catch up on e-mails,posts, etc, and now I have to go thru your em's to me again, and if I don't have a full address, or if you didn't specify which ones you wanted, well,I've got a lot of work to do here on this project.

My ultimate goal is to get all of you who have asked for seeds on a group e-mail so reports can come back on progress,germination comparisons, etc.

Have I left anything out?

Carolyn
Old April 18, 2018   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Back again, trying to catch up on e-mails,posts, etc, and now I have to go thru your em's to me again, and if I don't have a full address, or if you didn't specify which ones you wanted, well,I've got a lot of work to do here on this project.

My ultimate goal is to get all of you who have asked for seeds on a group e-mail so reports can come back on progress,germination comparisons, etc.

Have I left anything out?

Carolyn
I just did the above as to responding to each of you and sharing what I still needed, I think I got back to almost all but one, which I'll have to try to do again,since I started getting messages saying my mail system couldn't send, please wait 5 min and try again,and as I look up at, well, it just changed from 243 to 244, so we shall see.

Carolyn
Old April 18, 2018   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I still have plenty of seeds left for anyone who might be interested in growing these out either this year or next year,or some this summer and some next summer.And as I also said I hope to get all participants on a group e-mail eventually,so experiences can be shared as to seed germination, etc.

So here's my e-mail address again.

cmale@aol.com

Carolyn