Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 26, 2014   #34
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Yes, daytime for sure. Its going to be a glorious spring 60 degree day, its 26 now. I'll have everything outside today starting about noon when the temp hits 45 and its sunny. That usually means sneaking away from work or shooting back across town if I'm out doing errands. I've never had a plant snap at the base from wind unless the entire tray went airborne or 100mph straight line winds came along and took a mature plant along with cage down together (PaulF and my Iowa neighbors can probably relate to that!)

Next few days of highs in the low 40's and then a sensational weekend with highs in the 70's!
Think I'll risk it and plant kale and chard to free up some room near the window. May even roll the dice and set out brussel sprouts today.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote