Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old August 21, 2006   #1
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

Default Please help!

Hello: I am trying to post some pictures but can't, I am not sure waht I am doing wrong. I have copy and pasted the URL form Kodack gallery and also from snapfish with the foto that I want and pasted it in here and then pressed the image sign but nothing, no image is shown. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
jardinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2006   #2
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

No, I have just tried that and it does not work, not sure why. Thank you for the quick reply though.
Old August 21, 2006   #3
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

this is what I get.
Old August 21, 2006   #4
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

That's the link to the entire page that houses the image. You need the link to just the picture.

http://images1.snapfish.com/34793;97...8;964853nu0mrj

Unfortunately, this forum (phpBB) won't accept IMG tags that contain certain characters, erroneously thinking they pose a security threat. Looks like Snapfish is a poor choice for posting photos. Try Photobucket.

You've got some SERIOUS stink bug problems. You'll want to spray those tomatoes and plants fast with soapy water (1 tbsp of Dawn dishwashing detergent mixed with water in a spray bottle) in the morning or afternoon (not in the heat of the day) or get a hand-held vacuum cleaner and suck em up.

You can try to hand-pick the bugs with a pair of gloves (They give off a stinky smell) but the young ones in your picture just run around to the other side of the tomato before you can get them all.

Stink bugs bite the tomato, causing little white pithy areas which have a cardboardy texture. It doesn't affect the overall flavor, but of course reduces the quality of the tomato.

Stink bugs are a big problem in the South and really anyone in Zones 8 and 9.

More Info at Texas A&M U

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2006   #5
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

Thank you so much, I'll try the soapy water this afternoon, hopefully that will take care of the problem, also is there any good herbicide that I can use for this problem?
Also I am trying this new website that you gave me to see if it works thank you so much.
Old August 21, 2006   #6
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

[/img]
Old August 21, 2006   #7
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

Thank you, thank you, thank you it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will save my garden pictures in this website from now on.
Old August 21, 2006   #8
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardinlady
Thank you so much, I'll try the soapy water this afternoon, hopefully that will take care of the problem, also is there any good herbicide that I can use for this problem?
Also I am trying this new website that you gave me to see if it works thank you so much.
Herbicide would kill your plants. I think you mean insecticide.

I know of no insecticide that controls stink bugs that I'd be willing to use on my plants. Neem oil and pyrethrin are some organic pesticides, but they have to be sprayed pretty much on the insects. It doesn't protect the plant itself.

P.S. The only problem with PhotoBucket is it's not intuitive to resize the photo to a reasonable size. It looks like you got a halfway-uploaded image there that didn't finish.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old August 21, 2006   #9
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

Yes I'll try that, once I posted it I noticed that I should have reziced it.
Old August 22, 2006   #10
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Wow, I've never heard of that. Might have to look into that.