Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 4, 2017   #301
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

A couple of years ago we lost our big greenhouse to bad weather. Since then we haven't had the room for both tomato and pepper transplants, so no I don't have pepper seeds any more.

I had come up with a way to keep squash isolated by planting small sections in neighboring fields. But that fell apart with bad weather during planting season. So I'm not offering squash seeds either for now.

Farming isn't easy. Always something to go wrong.
Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017   #302
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I've made several updates to my variety pages. We have over 30 new-to-me varieties this year with more coming when they are dry and tested.

I lost at least 4 weeks when I had only 1 workable hand, but now I'm getting all the older seeds retested for germination. So far 70+ tests are done, 100+ are in process and several hundred more need to be done as I have room. I'm updating the site as I get the results.

I'm sorry but I had to raise the prices a bit as the farm has been hemorrhaging money. It's that or I'll have to quit the seeds and I don't want to do that if at all possible.

Thanks,
Carol
Old January 9, 2019   #303
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

It's now Jan 2019. I updated for the new seeds about 2 weeks ago. We have over 40 new-to-me varieties this year. But for a lot of the varieties I didn't get a whole lot of seeds. Only enough for maybe 10 packs or so. The crummy weather much of the growing season was a large part of that. From Labor day on we were nearly flooded out so just couldn't find much fruit that was useful.

Carol
Old February 24, 2019   #304
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

A little update. We took vaca a month earlier than the last several years so it wouldn't interfere with seeding. Good idea, but almost didn't work out. On the last nite I got knocked down by a goofy elevator door that closed suddenly. I landed hard on the same wrist I broke last year (16 mts ago). Broke off another small piece. No way as bad as last time but it has slowed me down again. I have some help for orders so everything is taken care of there. Seeding may be a bit of an issue tho as it involves lifting heavier stuff. I will see if I can manage this week. PT coming up soon I hope.

Carol
Old February 24, 2019   #305
MdTNGrdner

Carol, best wishes to you for a good season and a quick, complete recovery!! You need a (different kind of) break!
Old February 24, 2019   #306
creeker
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
A little update. We took vaca a month earlier than the last several years so it wouldn't interfere with seeding. Good idea, but almost didn't work out. On the last nite I got knocked down by a goofy elevator door that closed suddenly. I landed hard on the same wrist I broke last year (16 mts ago). Broke off another small piece. No way as bad as last time but it has slowed me down again. I have some help for orders so everything is taken care of there. Seeding may be a bit of an issue tho as it involves lifting heavier stuff. I will see if I can manage this week. PT coming up soon I hope.

Carol
I received my order just 10 days after ordering. Pretty fast service for someone with a broken wrist I think. Best wishes for your speedy and complete recovery, Carol.
Also thanks for all the free seeds. You are very generous and and have very reasonable prices.
creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2019   #307
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Carol, my order came today. Thank you for the two free "samples". And a huge "Thank You" for your fast turn around and the more than generous seed count. I really like how you post your germination results for each and every variety.

For Tomatoville members, I strongly recommend you visit Carol's website. You cannot possibly be disappointed with the prompt and generous service you'll find.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2021   #308
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Just a quick update for 2021.

I just finished the germ tests and updated the variety lists on my site. Added about 20 new-to-me varieties and several old favs are back with new seed. No where as much as I had hoped for tho. Way too weedy and a bit wet so not a whole lot of fruit.

For the people that don't like PayPal I can also take payments thru Square. I don't have it set-up directly on the web site tho. But if you order and select "check" and then email me, I will send you a Square request. It works very much like PayPal and I never have to know your card number at all.

Thanks,
Carol
Old January 9, 2021   #309
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

My order is in and delivered...now for spring to arrive.
Old January 9, 2021   #310
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Every time I order from Carol it is a great experience. She goes above board to offer a great variety and I always find special seeds. We all want to support small businesses and this is a great way to do so!
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2021   #311
Canehdian
Tomatovillian™

I was happy with my experience from this vendor. She has some unique varieties not found on other sites.
Canehdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2021   #312
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I'm working on my site a bit. If it's a bit flaky off and on just try again as I may mess up at times. I finally figured out how to get rid of the .netfirms part of my web address. No thanks to some bad advice from their tech service.

Also I will be out of town from 1/26 to 2/6 so orders will have to wait then. I will get everything out before I leave.

Thanks everyone,
Carol
Old January 20, 2021   #313
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

HI Carol-
I was just looking at the site and saw the Kozulas aren't there. Do you still have any or are they gone? Have a nice time when you are out of town!
Heide
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2021   #314
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

They are there, just not in the K. Look in the A with the numbers. I'll have to put a note about that on the K page.

Carol