Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 27, 2013   #1
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Default My Global Bucket Using Only Liquid Fert

I am experimenting with a global bucket that I am only using liquid fert with. Its in my greenhouse and was planted out about the first week of January or so. Its a Bushy Chabarovsky. Its a determinate dwarf variety, usually about 1.5-2.0 feet tall. My bucket is made the way the website describes. The mix is Fertilome Ultimate Potting Mix.

There is no fertilizer strip-I have only been using liquid fert as a soil drench about every two week-I put in about 1/2 gallon.

I started using General Hydroponics 7-4-10 with micros-its called Flora Nova Grow-1 tsp per gallon. I used that about 3 times. I then used twice Flora Nova Bloom, which is a 4-8-7 with micros (not as complete as Grow, but it has cal/mag and some other micros-1 tsp per gallon twice. I am now using 0-4-4 Saltwater Farms Sea Start, 1 tsp per gallon. I shaved a little bit of BiotaMax from one of the tablets, and put it in with the first Sea Start soil drench.

I have never seen as many flowers as this plant has, and I have grown this variety at least 3 times. There are at least 19 fruit right now, and there are probably 50 flowers on the plant.

The water is my usual ro water-I have been using it for 5 years or so, so that is not different. The only thing different is the liquid fert only in the global bucket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (197.4 KB, 201 views)