Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old July 7, 2017   #16
EPawlick
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
I just planted peas this morning, and carrots a couple days ago. Will be fall before I get them but there was no spring so..... what can you do.

We are actually having bean weather now and there is a chance that bush beans would get the weather they need to produce if planted right away... I am tempted to throw a few in just in case. Was at the farm today and saw a nice row of beans just started. They have squash planted and are all under row cover, no fruits expected for a while yet. Lots of lettuce, greens, dill, cilantro, spinach... tomatoes are setting but nothing ripe or close to ripe. I may get a few in my greenhouse starting mid July.

Garlic scapes are not out yet or just starting - I can see the first one in my patch.
Just picked my first two tomatoes (chocolate sprinkles). My beans just started flowering but I have had lots of radishes, snow peas, lettuce, rosemary, thyme, basil, mint, beets, and onions. Tomorrow I plan to harvest my garlic. Several hot jalapeños are almost ready but still small. Everything is slower than last year.
EPawlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2017   #17
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPawlick View Post
Just picked my first two tomatoes (chocolate sprinkles). My beans just started flowering but I have had lots of radishes, snow peas, lettuce, rosemary, thyme, basil, mint, beets, and onions. Tomorrow I plan to harvest my garlic. Several hot jalapeños are almost ready but still small. Everything is slower than last year.
It's obvious... southern gardeners need to come north for the summer.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2017   #18
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
It's obvious... southern gardeners need to come north for the summer.
Yay that!

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote