Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 20, 2012   #136
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Anyone that allows another person to sign their name to business emails should be aware of the content, especially when it's composed of threats.

Anyhow, Joe is the (ha ha) "president" of Penny's Tomatoes. See here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pepperjoes

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #137
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Ok folks, let's cool it off a bit, I think there is lots of stir that I am very guilty of creating here.

Someone with a very cool head (thank you!!! ) just brought it to my attention that it is very possible that Pepper Joe may not have been involved in this. Given the content of the emails I got, I would agree that it is a good possibility, as I'd find it very hard to believe that two normal people would have been writing these together. The style of the emails is something that would very unlikely come from a business owner who cares about their reputation.

One person is writing these (in distress) - is more likely.

That alone makes me feel better about the situation.
Tania, you have handled this situation with grace and restraint. Much like your website.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #138
Tania
Tomatovillian™

“The appearance of things changes according to the emotions, and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves.”
~Kahlil Gibran

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #139
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
“The appearance of things changes according to the emotions, and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves.”
~Kahlil Gibran
Nice quote. All I have to say about the issue is make a folder and save the emails.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #140
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I just got an email supposedly from Pepper Joe.

Since I have NOT posted in this thread til now, I don't know WHY I got it. I suppose MANY members got copies or possibly only other vendor members.

It started with "if I had the guts, I'll post the email here at TV".

Well I WILL NOT POST IT.

Frankly it's full of wrong info, veiled threats and self promotion.

I will probably now be targeted also for posting this but I'm not afraid of a troll.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #141
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

You know what I love? Gardening. And tomatoes. Growing them, eating them, discussing them. That's why we are all here, and that's why we all garden.

The world is a strange place. I don't know if it has always been that way, or it just seems to be getting worse - because of the internet/social networking, political polarization, TV, or just human nature. But it takes all types, that's for sure.

So it will likely always be that way. It is inevitable that we all run into folks that we differ with - in small ways or large. The internet makes it so easy to share opinions and say things that we wouldn't dare say face to face in earlier times.

So here's what I've decided to do - for a few years now. Grow more, talk less, post less. I love projects - I love the enjoyment, fun, excitement, cooperation of the Dwarf project. I love to blog about my garden and share what I am up to. Digging into my first book is part fun, part work - which is as it should be.

There are plenty of reasons why I could be frustrated with all sorts of things, both gardening and non-gardening, in my life....but life is good, this is a great hobby, I've gotten to meet a great bunch of people.

And that's what I am choosing to focus on going forward. Kind of explains my relative quietness around here. When things get stressful, I go to where life feels good - and that is off line, with my wife and pets and hobbies and music.

We can't stop all of the bull that goes on around us. We can't stop different approaches, even if we feel strongly about them. It's not about fighting or not fighting - it's about finding peace and enjoyment and value in all of our lives.

That's about all I want to say about any of this, or anything else, at the moment!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone. I am returning to trying to figure out how to tame the monster Patrina and I have formed, called the Dwarf Project!
Old November 21, 2012   #142
Andybear
Tomatovillian™

Well put. Here in South Africa were things at times get a little out of hand I feel your advise is sound. I tend to be the same and try and stay out of the fights, but there are times when I am there in the middle. Thats when I remember what my mom and dad taught me and try to be the better person. As it has been said go to bed every day feeling you could have done better and try harder tomorrow.

Thanks for this forum.
Andybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #143
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Carol - I guess it is because you vendors are easy to reach. and they feel safest picking on women.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #144
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Carol,

I think you were picked as a target just because it was easy to find your email address and because you are a Tville member - same as me. So it does not matter whether you posted in this thread or not, I am sure you will get your load. Please remember we are here with you and will support you and your business.

It seems like we were picked just because we are active Tville members, and I would not be shocked if there are some other Tvillians who got similar messages.

The campaign is likely targeting Tville. Well, the motive is certainly there, so I would not surprised.

Or, this is all some kind of strange 'marketing' strategy in the attempt to attract more customers to their business. I know that for the folks who are receiving these emails 'strange' sounds like an understatement, but I will stick to this word for now

Or, this could be an attempt to turn the folks away from Tomatoville.

Or from their competitors - the seed vendors who are Tvillians.

Or maybe all of the above.

So folks, please stay calm and do not overreact. I am sure everything will get sorted out and we will soon be back to the happy, supportive, and generous community as we are.

Craig,

have a great time with your wonderful projects, your work is so important for this community, we appreciate it so much! You already have enough on your shoulders to carry!

It is going to be a wonderful day today, very rewarding for all the honest and hardworking individuals who generously share their abundance with others!

Remember, we belong to the largest tomato community, so we are very capable to make a difference!

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; November 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old November 21, 2012   #145
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

If anyone else has received, or does receive threatening emails from either of the aforementioned parties, please contact me privately via PM.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #146
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

I hate to ask this question but here it is? Can anyone put a email here from Penny or Joe's?

If it is nasty writing we can see and tell friends about them.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #147
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
I hate to ask this question but here it is? Can anyone put a email here from Penny or Joe's?

If it is nasty writing we can see and tell friends about them.
I think that that's exactly what we should not do - there is some hidden agenda behind all these emails, as they are requesting to post them VERBATIM despite the content.

So please do not post them here. At least not yet!

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; November 21, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old November 21, 2012   #148
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

NO, I will not post it.

As Tania said, that's just what they want.

The email is supposedly a copy of a reply to a BBB complaint. But it reads more like an advertizement for their site and justification for their bad behavior.

If they had simply removed the pics in question and dropped all the "justification" stuff, this would have blown over long ago.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #149
frdlturner
Tomatovillian™

I am thinking they want it posted here to cause trouble The BBB shows 1 complaint and says that penny's tomatoes has not responded to them..
frdlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012   #150
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Well maybe the emails should be forwarded to the BBB, showing the site harrassing others via email on the web. I have only made one comment here and wonder why it has blown up into such a bad situation?

Seems to me their companies are going the opposite direction in wanting to get business from others while sending nasty emails to other vendors. I also believe it is cyber crime too. I would be sending my info on to Mishcka as he requested earlier in the thread.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy