Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old July 26, 2013   #1
travis
Tomatovillian™

Default NEMO F2

Here is an F2 selection from a cross I made 3 summers ago: MoCross Surprise F2 x Neptune, or (Mozark x Sioux)F2 x Neptune.

The intent is to incorporate flavor, production, hotset capabilities, crack resistance, and Bacterial Wilt tolerance into a semi-determinate type vine.

The vine from which this tomato comes is a strong determinate with fantastic, large leaf, heavy foliage cover. It sets four tomatoes per cluster, mostly baseball size fruit with nicely scalloped shoulders, and great red color. There have been no problems with cracking.

Last edited by travis; July 26, 2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: loading photographs
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2013   #2
peppero
Tomatovillian™

Travis it appears that you have met your goals. that is one fine looking tomato. if the seeds are ever available i would certainly be interested in a few.

May success follow you closely.

jon
peppero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2013   #3
travis
Tomatovillian™

Thank you, Jon. I think I still have your mailing address somewhere. Just in case I lost it when I moved out of my office last year, PM me again.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote