Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 16, 2018   #1201
encore
Tomatovillian™

well i finally pulled the early girl plant (wasn't looking real good anyways! don't think it was an early girl anyways, would start to get blossoms then they would dry right up, never really grew bigger either, and started to see signs of early blight maybe, yellow leaves with brown spots, plus a little bit of herbicide damage!) anyways it's gone so the KARMA pink has the bucket to it's self, and that is growing like a weed!----tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (192.2 KB, 133 views)
encore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2018   #1202
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Those leaves are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by encore View Post
well i finally pulled the early girl plant (wasn't looking real good anyways! don't think it was an early girl anyways, would start to get blossoms then they would dry right up, never really grew bigger either, and started to see signs of early blight maybe, yellow leaves with brown spots, plus a little bit of herbicide damage!) anyways it's gone so the KARMA pink has the bucket to it's self, and that is growing like a weed!----tom
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2018   #1203
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

Seeded 4/26. Two plants in a 75 gallon stock tank. The drain plug is off at the bottom, and is the only drainage. It's filled with Promix HP from last years bags.
I dump a 5 gallon bucket of the Hydro-Garden Tomato formula plus cal nitrate and Mag sulfate every 2-4 days onto the surface.
Green fruit sized up but not blushing yet, so looks like will be about 90 days from seed to harvest if they ripen next week.
The plant in my tunnel (not pictured) has fruit ripening but they split before fully ripe. They don't seem to be able to handle bag culture with daily feed/water when the days are getting over 90.
I expect this outdoor plant not to split.

IMG_1346.JPG

Last edited by PureHarvest; July 16, 2018 at 10:45 AM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2018   #1204
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
Seeded 4/26. Two plants in a 75 gallon stock tank. The drain plug is off at the bottom, and is the only drainage. It's filled with Promix HP from last years bags.
I dump a 5 gallon bucket of the Hydro-Garden Tomato formula plus cal nitrate and Mag sulfate every 2-4 days onto the surface.
Green fruit sized up but not blushing yet, so looks like will be about 90 days from seed to harvest if they ripen next week.
The plant in my tunnel (not pictured) has fruit ripening but they split before fully ripe. They don't seem to be able to handle bag culture with daily feed/water when the days are getting over 90.

Attachment 83200
90 days is nice and fast!
perhaps pick at blush in your tunnel plants. The thin skin is a good thing for eating.
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2018   #1205
asmx91
Tomatovillian™

It is ripe - juchuuuu

asmx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2018   #1206
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmx91 View Post
It is ripe - juchuuuu

Yes!!! What do you think?
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2018   #1207
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post

Attachment 83200
Mine split in my conditions sometimes too, I always suggest folks pick at blush and leave inside to ripen, then no splitting.
Old July 16, 2018   #1208
dorota
Tomatovillian™

My KARMA Pink started to change the colour.
In a 40 l pot and in full sun it became really huge. I've noticed, that KP needs some extra magnesium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-07-16 11.06.41_1.jpg (57.8 KB, 121 views)
dorota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2018   #1209
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Awesome Dorota, I’m excited for you to taste them! I agree they are big hungry plants, in my pots I give extra fertilizer and Epsom salts for magnesium.
Please post your opinion of them once ripe
Thanks!
KarenO
Old July 16, 2018   #1210
dorota
Tomatovillian™

Karen, I am really so excited. I was checking every day, how my KP does.

I have two more KP in the tunnel, but they are still green. We had very hot days with cold nights, and next some heavy rains. I see that plants in pots or in the ground did better in such condition. My plan for the next year - KP in the ground.
dorota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2018   #1211
asmx91
Tomatovillian™

Today I tasted "Karma Pink"!
A marvellous flavor with a little more sugar as acid. By this tomato is all OK!!! I like it!
asmx
asmx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2018   #1212
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
A marvellous flavor with a little more sugar as acid. By this tomato is all OK!!! I like it!
asmx
So happy you think so ! Thank you !
KarenO
Old July 17, 2018   #1213
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
asmx
Yipee!!! Thank you my dear.
Old July 18, 2018   #1214
Clay Mountain
Tomatovillian™

Yay! Just picked my first KARMA Pink! Plant out was May 11th and picked with mid-level color on July 17th. That's 67 days but you should also know that the first fruit set was eaten by a four-footed mower, so first fruit would likely have been a week or more sooner otherwise. Add to that some unusual disease pressure this year and I'll put her right up with my earliest.

Weighed in at 7/8 oz (27 g).

Can't wait to taste!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180718_001113.jpg (295.1 KB, 77 views)
Clay Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2018   #1215
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Mountain View Post
Yay! Just picked my first KARMA Pink! Plant out was May 11th and picked with mid-level color on July 17th. That's 67 days but you should also know that the first fruit set was eaten by a four-footed mower, so first fruit would likely have been a week or more sooner otherwise. Add to that some unusual disease pressure this year and I'll put her right up with my earliest.

Weighed in at 7/8 oz (27 g).

Can't wait to taste!!!
Looks like 3-4 days until tasting. I hope you enjoy.