Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 17, 2018   #1
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Default First true leaves

My Shish-ito peppers are getting their 1st true leaves, and its been less than 3wks since seeds were started so I very happy the Cubanella peppers on the other hand had to be restarted after 2 weeks the seeds never took. Question today is the 2nd day I put them outside for 1/2hr. of sun gonna be sunny tomorrow to so can I give them an hour in the sun or should I keep it at 1/2 hr for a weeks time. Sorry for asking such basic questions but this is the 1st time I've started plants from seed and I don't want to screw it up when there are so many here that have years of exp.
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2018   #2
roper2008
Tomatovillian™

I would set your timer for 30 minutes, check on them. If they are not wilting I would
set the timer for 15 more minutes, check again etc... I basically bring them into the
shade or inside when they just start to wilt.
Make sure it is not too cold or windy outside.
roper2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018   #3
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

roper2008, they spent 40 min in the sunlight Sat. then on Sun. 1hr. all seems well with them this morning but now again the temps will be to cold 28 to 32 with cloudy conditions for me to get them out today, fact is the whole week here is gonna be just to cold for them to get any sunlight. Well I'm thinking this should be about the end of the cold & cloudy late winter... I hope!
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote