Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 31, 2016   #1
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Default Woke up this morning with spots of webbing all over the place?

I am not to sure if this is some sort of bug or mold or what. I figured i would post up some pictures. Maybe one of you gals/guys could help me figure out whats going on?

I do know that it hasn't stop raining much at all during May. We here in central Virginia have had the most rain in recorded history. The Record keeping goes back to the late 1800's.

Now we certainly haven't had as much a Texas and others but we are over 9 inches for the month. We usually only get around 2 inches in the month of may.

I don't have a decent hot pepper plant left that i germinated my self. Almost all have died off because of the rain. What has survived is no bigger than 2 inches. I planted them April 1.

Anyway i have a lot of insects over in the garden as well. They certainly aren't helping either.

I am going to buy a tank sprayer today. What I need to know...

1) Is this mold?
2) What should i buy for my sprayer?

Thank you
Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4974.jpg (617.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4975.jpg (664.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4977.jpg (601.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4979.jpg (698.2 KB, 74 views)
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2016   #2
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

White is usually not mold. This could be a fungus called "Santa's Beard", which is actually good.

Check out the second picture in this link:

linkhttps://www.thenutrientcompany.com/h...soil-food-web/
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2016   #3
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Last year when I was digging in dry soil that hadn't been worked in decades, I found something that felt (to my gloved hand) and looked just like clumps of polyester fiberfill. When I pulled on it, there was some resistance -- not delicate like a typical spider web or fungus. Didn't figure out what it was.
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2016   #4
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Maybe an hour after the sun rose above my shade line. All of the lil webs were gone. Strange and i wish I would have took an overall picture of the whole plot. They were everywhere.
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote