Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 16, 2018   #1
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Default Grow light questions

My first time growing seeds has made me wonder why I waited so long to try this. My started plants (Tomato & pepper) are doing great, I know things can change quickly. I went with a CFL for my grow light 100watt equivalent with 1,600 lumens & 6,500 kelvin for my small set up its more than proven to me that its very capable. Yeah I saw the LED bulbs but there were so many and so many claims I was overwhelmed and didn't know what was good and what wasn't, so I decided to go with what was recommended by the video I saw from the "Rusted Garden" So why can't a white 100 or 150 watt equivalent LED do the job, everything I see says you need red & blue leds to really get good results. So school me people will white LED's work or are multi color LED's the only way to get stocky seedlings. The white LED"S are much cheaper. And if your going to make recommendations could you give me brand name of the bulb... Thanks
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote