Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 26, 2014   #1
metromix
Tomatovillian™

Default Has any Aussies had any joy getting seed's into Australia

Last year I tried to bring a packet of seeds into Sydney declared them at quarantine because they did not have the botanical name on the packet they were taken off me. About 10 years ago I declared several packets of chilli seeds with no problem, have the rules changed next time I come in by plane I my consider not decaling them
Has any body successfully had seeds mailed to them if so what is the trick I don't want to go to the expense of paying for the seeds and postage only to have quarantine take them from me.
metromix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2014   #2
Sydney Grower
Tomatovillian™

I did it accidently last Christmas when I was very new to op tomatoes. I put some Christmas money into one of Tom Wagner's sites and ordered a collection. I then joined Tville and realised I had probably lost that money. Then I started wondering if I could ethically plant them if they accidently got through. I decided I ethically couldn't. About 4 weeks later the pack got through and even more surprisingly my ethical dilemma was resolved by a sticker on the opened envelope which read "opened by Australia Post for checking by customs".

I'm growing them out this summer and will make a seed offer on Ozgrow.

Carl
Sydney Grower is offline   Reply With Quote