Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old July 5, 2013   #46
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Redbaron. I hardly find time to post on the blog these days. Heavy rains are back so there is less to do in the field these days, which made it possible to post an update.

I am hoping to do Fall tomatoes on the farm if my schedule allows me to do so. Goat manure has done wonders and it will be very exciting to see its impact on growing tomatoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
Very cool Chance! You were holding out on us! Never knew you had such a set up!
chancethegardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2013   #47
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

I need advise on one issue: Variety names. For example one of the varieties I will be releasing is called 'Turkish Yaglik.' I always prefer to keep the original names when growing a variety, without translating them into English. Yaglik means 'for making paste' hence the variety name in this case would translate into 'Turkish Paste.' What do Tomato-villains think about this?
Old July 5, 2013   #48
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancethegardener View Post
I need advise on one issue: Variety names. For example one of the varieties I will be releasing is called 'Turkish Yaglik.' I always prefer to keep the original names when growing a variety, without translating them into English. Yaglik means 'for making paste' hence the variety name in this case would translate into 'Turkish Paste.' What do Tomato-villains think about this?
Carolyn is the heirloom naming expert. I am cool with Turkish Yaglik or Turkish paste either one. Or even Yaglik, Turkish Paste.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2013   #49
mari.beth
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations on your new business! I will check out your site and FB page!
mari.beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2013   #50
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari.beth View Post
Congratulations on your new business! I will check out your site and FB page!
Old July 11, 2013   #51
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

I currently have some Everglades currant tomato seeds at http://www.twoseedsinapod.com/tomato.../62-everglades. I will try to keep this variety continuously.
Old July 26, 2013   #52
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Default Üç Burun

Üç Burun (Uc Burun) literally translates as 'Three Noses' into English. This light green and sweet pepper with thin skin was given this name because its 3''-5'' long fruits typically form three lobes on their blossom end (shape is less typical with some of the fruits). 65-70 days from transplant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ucburun.JPG (410.9 KB, 55 views)
Old August 15, 2013   #53
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

New varieties are now available at http://www.twoseedsinapod.com/new.
Old August 15, 2013   #54
tekaha
Tomatovillian™

just looked at your site and you have some wonderful seeds!

just a heads up--

when i'm shopping i like to right click on a link or image to open a new tab for the product and then i keep scrolling down (and doing the same thing) on the original tab. your site doesn't let me do that and i realize you're trying to avoid copyright issues but i'm less likely to shop if i can't right click on an image or link to open another tab.

also, you can get a facebook vanity URL for your FB page. here's how to do it:

http://www.labnol.org/internet/chang...sername/21449/
tekaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2013   #55
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Hi tekaha,

I wanted to send this message earlier but lately it has become overwhelmingly busy and I am trying to catch up with things. Thanks much for taking your time and passing your suggestions to me. I will consider them and see if I can come up with a different solution that will improve your shopping experience.
Old September 3, 2013   #56
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

I will be traveling partly for seed search and partly for family visit until September 21. If you place an order before this date, I will be able to ship it after I come back. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.
Old November 11, 2013   #57
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Currently, I am trialing and documenting 56 Turkish tomato varieties (I have 13 more in another location).

Getting prepared for a light frost that could possibly hit the plants. Hoping to harvest fruits and seeds for Spring of 2014 .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg November112013.JPG (496.2 KB, 65 views)
Old November 15, 2013   #58
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Mehmet,

Best of luck - I hope the frost holds off long enough for you to harvest seeds. That's an impressive selection for your first season!

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2014   #59
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Here is a sneak peek of some tomato varieties I will release soon.

P.S.: I am not able to upload images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSP.jpg (157 Bytes, 75 views)

Last edited by chancethegardener; January 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old February 10, 2014   #60
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

I have just made 10 new tomato varieties available. You can check them out at http://www.twoseedsinapod.com/new. I will keep the varieties I released in August 2013 in the "new" category until August 2014 so that don't be surprised when you see the new tomatoes and the "older" varieties all together at this link.

Additionally, I have some non-tomato varieties that I originally wanted to include in the Spring 2014 catalog but I know that many of you are or have been starting your tomato seeds these days so that I didn't want to wait longer. I will make another announcement for the "other" batch of varieties.

Currently, not all countries are registered in the shopping cart. I make them available per request. If you would like to buy seeds and your country is not in the address list, please let me know so that I can activate your country settings.

Finally, for some items, you will see that a certain number of package of seeds are available. This is not always accurate. I do this so that if my seed stock is limited for a variety and many people order at once, I can keep things under control. After the item "sells out", I will upload it again if the item is still available. Please let me know if you have any questions.