Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old May 8, 2007   #31
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I guess my comments about Baker Creek, and they are stated with the best of intentions, are a comment about how the website has no connection with their business logic or order system. I'm sure some day they'll upgrade to a system that allows them to put a "Out of Stock" notice next to each variety that is unavailable.

Small businesses have many challenges. One is finding solutions that take a minimum of time to maintain and that don't cost a fortune.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007   #32
peppereater
Tomatovillian™

Aren't the catalogues from TT free?
My first purchase of heirloom tomato seeds was from Totally Tomatoes, and I grew out tomatoes from those seeds for several years. The catalogue itself was one of the best resources I ever had...excellent pictures and descriptions of tomatoes that I have never seen anywhere else.
Old May 12, 2007   #33
honu
Tomatovillian™

5 days ago, Ruth at Totally Tomatoes helped me place my order, and everything arrived in fine shape today! Wow, that was speedy service! Thanks Ruth (jungseed)!!
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2007   #34
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™

OK, honu, what gives??? I placed my order the morning of 5/7 and it's not here yet! Dang! (I'm sure it will be along any time now.) Waiting ... waiting ...

Sherry
Sherry_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007   #35
Woodyend
Tomatovillian™

One other thing you need to consider in the price of S&H is the cost of the catalog. I have used Sand Hill for years first with poultry and then with seeds. Trust me when you order over $30.00 worth of seeds at one time from Sand Hill you have a lot of planting to do. Now you would think that I would not need another place to find tomatoes seeds but oh no, I take one look at TT lovely catalog with there great descriptions and I find I need more tomatoes. Goodness knows how large an order I would make if Sand Hill had a color catalog. I use both catalogs in tandem and have no real complaints for either.
Old August 7, 2007   #36
captnkirk
Tomatovillian™

i just got done oredring from TT,was impressed with there variety of tomato,s,and how well the site was setup.most packs were only 1.60 when buying 2 with 30 seeds per pack instead of the 25 offered buy others.i can live with that......now il just have to hope they arrive soon....... ruth im counting on ya...lol
captnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote