Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Old August 21, 2010   #1
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Default Stratford Garlic Festival 2010

Attached please find the poster promoting this year's Garlic Festival in Stratford, Ontario. I went last year and learned allot about growing garlic. Unfortunately I won't get to plant any until this fall...but am looking forward to it. Lots of great foods that include garlic in them...including garlic ice cream, and garlic shooters.

Just one thing....make sure that all that you'll be talking with or getting close with afterwards, partake of the garlic too....lol. You're going to be reeking of garlic for a few days if you sample all there is to sample like I did last year. They've also got fresh cooked local corn dipped in garlic butter.....yummmm.

Lots of great forums...and some well known cookbook authors highlighting the use of garlic in some demos.

And if you don't want to spend the whole day at the festival, you can see if tickets are available for any of the four stages at the Stratford Shakespearean Festival (note: not all of the plays are Shakespearean, there are musicals and modern plays too).

I'm going to miss this year's Garlic Festival as I'll be in OZ....but I've already got my order in for garlic for seed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StratfordGarlicFestival2010.jpg.zip (4.14 MB, 8 views)
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote