Tomatoville® Gardening Forums


Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2017   #46
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™
 
Salsacharley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,420
Default

Are you going to try to hook up that root feeder to your drip tape system? If you do, please share how you did it.
Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
I would imagine the reflective would be really blinding when your out there working the rows. The white is a touch on the bright side but with sunglasses its no problem. I think the plastic mulch works so well because it helps the roots evenly retain the moisture. With the way the drip tape wicks water into the soil it is darn near impossible to over water also. Not to mention i save a ton of money on the water bill since the water does not evaporate as soon as it hits the soil. The only issue i am having with the system so far is the inability to inject organic fertilizer into the drip tape. Organics just does not disolve the way synthetics do. I think i finally found a way around this issue though. Here it is https://www.amazon.com/Ross-Root-Fee.../dp/B00002NC84
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2017   #47
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
Are you going to try to hook up that root feeder to your drip tape system? If you do, please share how you did it.
Thanks
No im going straight to the roots. I did buy a siphon injector that i plumbed into my drip tape system but using organic liquid fertilizer clogged the drip emitters.
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2017   #48
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™
 
PureHarvest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mid-Atlantic right on the line of Zone 7a and 7b
Posts: 1,109
Default

Did you have a 200 mesh screen filter after your injector?
BTW, what's up brother? Good to see you back at it in 2017! Life is good.

Last edited by PureHarvest; February 9, 2017 at 04:42 PM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2017   #49
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
Did you have a 200 mesh screen filter after your injector?
BTW, what's up brother? Good to see you back at it in 2017! Life is good.
Whats happening man? Good to see you posting around here again. No i did not but i think the root soaker will work out for me. I did not fertilize at all last year and had a banner crop by mistake
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2017   #50
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

Here is my right hand man helping me string up a trellis in the rain. This year i am hybridizing string trellis with the florida weave. Why you say.... why not?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170210_170112-1328x747.jpg (387.2 KB, 166 views)
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Last edited by heirloomtomaguy; February 11, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2017   #51
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

Even the bees think the variegation is beautiful, even without flowers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170210_163144-1328x747.jpg (238.7 KB, 167 views)
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2017   #52
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

I always liked the way pepper seedlings look so uniform.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170211_210008-1328x747.jpg (305.1 KB, 152 views)
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2017   #53
Sydney Grower
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 117
Default

HTG, I love the photo of your backyard!

Although I don't think you have yet maximised your tomato growing space. I can still see some grass!

Hope it is another good season at your place
Sydney Grower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2017   #54
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Grower View Post
HTG, I love the photo of your backyard!

Although I don't think you have yet maximised your tomato growing space. I can still see some grass!

Hope it is another good season at your place
Thanks! I tried to dig up the yard but my wife likes the grass for the kids. I guess she is right
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2017   #55
Raiquee
Tomatovillian™
 
Raiquee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 228
Default

Awesome thread. I'm still buried under snow so this gives me life!
__________________
Desire'
Mother of 3, homesteader, canner, gardener, dwarf tomato participant.
Raiquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2017   #56
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

You know you have a problem when..........you go on vacation and you have to bring your juvenile seedlings with you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170216_183826-747x1328.jpg (230.7 KB, 104 views)
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2017   #57
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™
 
heirloomtomaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: glendora ca
Posts: 2,507
Default

Two in one leaf on a Oda Pepper seedling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170215_172556-747x1328.jpg (144.7 KB, 102 views)
__________________
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2017   #58
peebee
Tomatovillian™
 
peebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 1,367
Default

That is too funny, that pic of your seedlings coming with your family on vacation!
I can't trust anyone else with my seedlings either, so I go away only after I plant them safe and sound, and can get a reliable person to water them exactly as I instructed.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2017   #59
MissS
Tomatovillian™
 
MissS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
You know you have a problem when..........you go on vacation and you have to bring your juvenile seedlings with you
I have done the same thing. Kids, dogs and seedlings going on a trip. LOL
__________________
Patti
Zone 5
MissS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2017   #60
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™
 
BigVanVader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Posts: 2,633
Default

I'd like to thank you for this, I showed my wife and said "see, it's completely normal!"
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2017 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★