Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old August 17, 2012   #16
rsrb
Tomatovillian™

Default MAGTAG again

Um, I just read the line about maybe no paper goods in restrooms?
I will bring some hand sanitizer too. smile.
Old August 17, 2012   #17
cdbva
Tomatovillian™

I'll pick up ziplocs & paper towels. See everyone tomorrow!

Christine
Old August 17, 2012   #18
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Yes, around 10 is when it begins, although Greg and I are usually there earlier to set up. BTW, I went to Aldi earlier today .and bought burgers and rolls, and bread and lettuce for the BLT Bar, BUT I FORGOT TO GET CHEESE! Guess I'll have to run out tonight. I also have some items for a grab-bag raffle to benefit Trish's gardening charity. Oh, and Dave bought a Mobtown Brown pie and an apple crisp pie from Dangerously Delicious. I also got some Boca burgers and Boca chicken patties for anybody who's vegetarian/vegan.Of, course, the mayo of choice for the BLT bar will be Duke's full fat southern mayonnaise. But I ain't eating any.
Old August 18, 2012   #19
gardener
Tomatovillian™

Well I wasn't going to come this year because I had no tomatoes. Went to Europe for 3 weeks, the neighbor was supposed to tend the garden. When I got back, no tomatoes. When I left there were lots of green ones. She said they all split then rotted and I think the deer might have played a role also.

Anyway my bridge team dissolved at the Hunt Valley tournament so I find myself with a prepaid hotel room tonight but no bridge partner.

I do have one hybrid to contribute to the BLT bar and I will contribute heavily $$$ to the kitty and Trudy's charity. Sorry I have no heirlooms to show.
Old August 18, 2012   #20
cdbva
Tomatovillian™

Drat! My back flared up last night -- I sprained it a couple of months ago -- I was up most of the night and am in no condition to drive. I keep dropping things, too, so the roads deserve to be free of the menace that is me.

I'm so disappointed! I'll miss seeing everyone, and good tomato talk, and meeting Rose for the first time.

I have a cheesecake and a blueberry trifle in the fridge with only two people to deal with them. And a year's supply of ziploc bags in addition to the ones left over from last year.

Ah well. Have fun, my friends.

Christine
Old August 18, 2012   #21
hank
Tomatovillian™

We missed you Christine. We ate anyway, and had memorable BLTS between the desserts. (This group can eat some desserts) Ceil sang an interesting solo acapello, which I didn't understand, and Greg won a few well deserved rewards. My bucket list includes winning one of those special rewards. Hey Greg, You might have a trophy RooM, but I'm going to have a trophy HOUSE !