Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old August 11, 2011   #1
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Default Awards Makers at Work

So my kids are getting together with their friends to make the awards. They have lots of colored posterboard, beads, ribbon, paint etc. Last year we went up to 20th place but that seemed a bit much. This year I will go up to 15th.

Cecelia, does that sound good to you?

We, of course have the tip jar that the kids made 3 years back and I will bring a long roll of table cloth for the tables and lots of duct tape.

My wife has been experimenting with many tomato recipies and my friends who I gave plants have been bring in their concoctions. One of my favorite was cherry tomatoes with mozzorela balls, olive oil, fresh chopped basil and balsamic vinigrette.

As far as tomatoes this has been a good year but I have had to pull some plants due to Fusarium and some have died prematurely for other reasons. Due to my new soil my Black Cherry are not as flavorful as I would like. That said I should be able to represent at 15 to 20 varieties which will be an all time high for me.

Hope to see you all there!

Greg
Old August 12, 2011   #2
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Great! I'm glad the kids are still into those kinds of crafts! I'll print out directional posters next week and get Dave to mount them. I need to take my usual inventory of leftover supplies from last year and let everybody know what we have and what we need. Will try to get to this over the weekend.
Old August 12, 2011   #3
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Sounds good. As usual I will get a roll of material for the tables. I figure White is good since Red would hide the tomatoes.