Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old April 4, 2012   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default MAGTAG VII - August 18 at SW Area Park, Baltimore, MD

It's official - MAGTAG VII will be held on Saturday, August 18, 2012, at Southwest Area Park, in Baltimore County, MD. Note that we will be in Pavilion 2 this year - our usual spot, Pavilion 1, was already reserved. Pavilion 2 is the one farther away from the parking lot, behind the playground. Stay tuned for more info! Now, I just have to make the new flier ...
Old April 17, 2012   #2
cdbva
Tomatovillian™

Brilliant! I'll be there!

Christine
Old July 10, 2012   #3
gladgourd
Tomatovillian™

Default That other tomato site

Hi Cecelia,
Sorry to hear about your job situation but that is so wonderful that you found another job in one week.
Someone on the other tomato site asked about Magtag and I copied your message. I hope I can attend this year.
Thanks,
Gladys
Old July 11, 2012   #4
hank
Tomatovillian™

I'll be there, unless I miss it, because who knows I may enjoy the gathering at pavillion 1 more. ha ha. As you may recall , at our first appearance we showed up with nothing but a smile. August 18 at pavillion number 2, got it. Hank and Cheryll
Old July 26, 2012   #5
busyasabee
Tomatovillian™

see you there in 3-weeks.
Old July 30, 2012   #6
gflynn
MAGTAG™

See you folks there,

My tomatoes are just starting to ripen. I figure they will be in full swing in 20 days and I may even still have a few Cherokee Purples leaft (They always go fast!)

I planted many Emily's hoping to get some good examples and perhaps some stable seed. My stuff in pots has been so-so. Hope to see you all and bring tomatoes :-)

Greg
Old August 5, 2012   #7
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Well, my tomatoes are coming on strong - I hope the fact that MAGTAG is one week earlier than usual this year means that I'll have more to offer. Unfortunately, with my new job, I won't be able to take the day before off and cook bacon for the BLT bar. I may just buy the pre-cooked stuff, but Dave says that if anybody (Luanne?) likes it crispy, he can throw some on a sheet of foil on the grill.

Sorry I haven't been as on-the-ball about everything this year, but after an incredibly busy spring at work, then being laid off, then being thrust into a new job almost immediately, my head is spinning! At least after 6 years of doing this, it's almost automatic. I'm going into the MAGTAG bin in the basement to check out what kinds of supplies we have.
Old August 7, 2012   #8
cdbva
Tomatovillian™

Speaking of food, I'll bring a cheesecake again this year.

I could make something else as well. Something with blueberries..? Or an ice cream cake, if I can figure out a way to keep it from melting.

[Looking at what I've written, I've had an epiphany. Perhaps my past weight gain has been due to eating fattening food. Just a theory.]

Well, it's a party! Desserts are what I do best. However, I'm certainly willing to bring other stuff as well.

Christine
Old August 12, 2012   #9
gazpacho
Tomatovillian™

Do we have food sign ups or just show up with wharever PLUS tomatoes? Do we need to bring any kind of supplies or is all taken care of? Confused!

Lisa
Old August 12, 2012   #10
GoGayleGo
Tomatovillian™

And what time is the event?
Old August 13, 2012   #11
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Gayle and Lisa,

1. Bring tomatoes for the competition and tasting.
2. Bring a side dish that could be tomato related
3. The offical time is 9AM-4PM but almost no one arrives before 10AM and everyone is gone by 4PM.
4. Alcoholic beverages are allowed and I usually bring a cooler of water and Juice boxes to share. Folks often bring drinks and sometimes bottles of wine and I may have a cooler of beer to share as well.
5. Cecelia and I will bring simple grillables include burgers and dogs and I may get sausage and Cecilia will have her BLT bar but if you want something else I would bring it.

How that?
Greg