Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 16, 2017   #16
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

powdery mildew.jpgpowdery mildew. the beginnings of it on your plants. Following the veins as they hold moisture longer than the flat surfaces.
this is not a tomato leaf in my picture but you see. It will get worse. antifungal asap and keep your plants dry as possible
best of luck,
KarenO

Last edited by KarenO; June 16, 2017 at 12:05 AM.
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017   #17
ACEBUGGIES
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Attachment 74143powdery mildew. the beginnings of it on your plants. Following the veins as they hold moisture longer than the flat surfaces.
this is not a tomato leaf in my picture but you see. It will get worse. antifungal asap and keep your plants dry as possible
best of luck,
KarenO
Thanks for the advice. Plants had been dry, and are still small and are not close together, plenty of air flow. It just rained for the first time in over a week when this appeared...But tomorrow my plants will be having a milk bath. We do have humidity here, but again I am shocked considering the plants are not even close to touching yet. The plants themselves have had a tough start, so perhaps it weakened them.
ACEBUGGIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017   #18
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

http://livegpath.cals.cornell.edu/ga...w-on-tomatoes/

some good info here. PM can develop regardless of rain and some plants are more susceptible than others.
best wishes, should be able to treat. let us know how it goes
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017   #19
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEBUGGIES View Post
The pH-suppressed, (in normal cases of that) would that be low or high pH?
High. Up over 8.6.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017   #20
ACEBUGGIES
Tomatovillian™

Ok guys, feel free to make jokes and make fun of me. LOL it is gravel dust. It has just settled in so much on some leaves I can't wipe it off. But on other leaves I was able to scrape it off, I just didn't go around to all the plants yesterday and try. So luckily nothing bad HAHAHAHA.
Old June 16, 2017   #21
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

I'll make fun of you, but not without saying that I've done it too. One day I went out to water and found white crusty patches on one of my good pepper plants. I couldn't figure what it was. Fearing an aggressive fungus, I started to take pictures to get some help with a diagnosis. Then it hit me.

Hung above the plant was a red hummingbird feeder. In the wind, the feeder swung quite a bit and some of the super-saturated solution dripped down on the plant, where it evaporated leaving white crusty patches of -- sugar.

No, the foliar feeding of sugar didn't affect the taste of the peppers.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2017   #22
ACEBUGGIES
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post

I'll make fun of you, but not without saying that I've done it too. One day I went out to water and found white crusty patches on one of my good pepper plants. I couldn't figure what it was. Fearing an aggressive fungus, I started to take pictures to get some help with a diagnosis. Then it hit me.

Hung above the plant was a red hummingbird feeder. In the wind, the feeder swung quite a bit and some of the super-saturated solution dripped down on the plant, where it evaporated leaving white crusty patches of -- sugar.

No, the foliar feeding of sugar didn't affect the taste of the peppers.
HAHA awesome! We can make fun of each other, and be happy our plants are healthy hehehe Thank you for sharing your oops moment!