Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old February 22, 2006   #1
boonies
Tomatovillian™

Default Container size question

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered elsewhere... I just couldn't fight the early urges to grow some kind of tomato while languishing through the long winter, so found a 10 yr old pack of Tiny Tim seeds & tossed 15 seeds into 3 3oz cups just after New Year's. All 15 germinated & I initially separated them into individual cups, then later into 4" pots, then into 6½" azalea pots [5" deep]. Can they stay in those, or should I be looking for larger/deeper pots?

I was hoping they would keep me busy until it was time to start the 'real' garden tomatoes, peppers & eggplants in March.
boonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2006   #2
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Boonies-if you are saying you planted each of them in their own separate pot, I think that will be fine. Here is what tomatogrowers.com says:

Tiny Tim #6630 (30 seeds) $2.25
Just perfect for container growing or smaller gardens. Plants grow no more than 18 inches tall and can be grown in a 6-inch pot. Round, bright red cherry tomatoes are about 3/4 inch in diameter. Determinate. 60 days.