Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old July 27, 2014   #1
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Default Looking for Goldman's Italian American seeds

Anyone know where I can find a reputable source that ships to Canada? I ordered seeds from Amishland, including other varieties. They have issued me a refund for the order. Anyone know what's going on there?
Thanks, Sharon
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2014   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonRossy View Post
Anyone know where I can find a reputable source that ships to Canada? I ordered seeds from Amishland, including other varieties. They have issued me a refund for the order. Anyone know what's going on there?
Thanks, Sharon
Sharon, you really should have put your post in the WANTED Seed subforum b/c there's a good chance that someone here already has seeds they could send you.

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/G...b=General_Info

Above is Tania's page for this variety and if you click on seed availability you'll see that only one place is offering seeds, Tomatofest, and I have no idea if Gary ships to Canada.

Lisa at Amishland may well offer it but Tania won't list anything from Amishland, and if you want to know why just go to the Seed and plant sources Forum where you are now and find the Amishland thread and read it.

So what's going on with Amishland, as you ask, has been going on for a very long time, as many of us here know. Just read that Amishland thread to be convinced.

She sent you a refund for your whole order? That tells me something, I think.

I still think that asking in the WANTED subforum of the Seed Exchange here may be the best place to get some seeds, not here in this Forum which is for info about seed and plant vendors.

Carolyn, who is one of many where Lisa changed the information about a variety such that it was almost unrecognizable. Her latest inventiveness involving me was with two varieties I introduced, Todd County Amish and Amish Potato Leaf. And those seed prices and the constant exclusive to Amishland bit are beyond belief, and not just my opinion.

Carolyn
Old July 28, 2014   #3
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Hi Carolyn, thanks. I just ordered seed from Tania and looked for them but didn't find it! Guess I'm getting old, lol! I'll email Tania otherwise I'll post where you said.

Yes, much to my surprise I was emailed that my order was cancelled and being refunded and that I would have to contact them directly to find out why. So they are off my list! It's the first time I ever placed an order and in fact I did read here about them so now I understand!
Thanks!
Old July 28, 2014   #4
greyghost
Tomatovillian™

Sharon, I've seen that variety listed at Terry's www.secretseedcartel.com
website. I haven't ordered from her but other people have seemed very happy
with her seeds and service.
Darlene
greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2014   #5
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Hi Darlene,
Thanks, I'll see what I will do. I've seen other seeds at that site that look interesting!
Old July 28, 2014   #6
Mike Maurer
Tomatovillian™

Default Goldman American Seeds

If you can't find these seeds I have some I'll be happy to send you.
I am also growing Italian Red Pear tomatoes this year and so far I can't tell the difference. The Goldmans originated from Baker Creek. The Italian Red Pear came from seeds bought in Italy from a friend who traveled there.
Mike
Mike Maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2014   #7
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Hi Mike, Thanks, I'll pm you and send you a SASE. If you have enough seeds, maybe I'll try both. I did email Tania and she is currently out of stock.
Sharon
Old July 28, 2014   #8
Mike Maurer
Tomatovillian™

Sharon; I do have some seeds of both and you're welcom to try them.
Do PM me and I'll send you my address.
Mike
Mike Maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2014   #9
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Thanks will do.