Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old January 3, 2017   #16
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

I'm in no hurry,just never heard from you but glad your OK and hope you and your family had a great Holiday.I like to head down to Kidron in Amish country.Lehman's hardware has a nice selection of seeds and Seed Saver's a brand they carry.I need to get some walking in and that's a great place to visit.I have had problems in the past with messages on my end,that's why I sent another.But again not in any hurry.Thank you for getting back to me.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2017   #17
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

I got "thai dragon" peppers a few years back from neighbor and have been growing them since. They are red, smooth, skinny, 2"+ long and grow upside down. They are hotter than cayennes, but I don't think they have much flavor. They look exactly like these ones: https://loghouseplants.com/plants/sh...t-thai-dragon/
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2017   #18
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

That's not the one I grew.Mine were very long and the pictures and websites that Carolyn posted have me thinking it was mislabeled.These had great flavor but a lot of heat.I'm thing they may have been something close to Joe's long cayenne if not the same pepper.
Old January 5, 2017   #19
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Yeah, I got that, was just confirming. A friend of mine grows those Joe's Long Cayenne. They are quite a bit bigger than the cayennes I grow. He purchases some things through johnnys and that seed was on sale last year and looks like it still is. I may have to pick some up if I make an order this year. I don't know why I didn't last year, for an extra buck.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #20
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

I never knew how many kinds of peppers there are.Just like tomatoes you want to try so many but only have so much space.That's my problem here anyway.Don't have a garden big enough to try everything I see.
Old January 8, 2017   #21
roper2008
Tomatovillian™

I purchased a pack on sale about a month ago from Johnny's. I've read that it is a good cayenne.
roper2008 is offline   Reply With Quote