Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Closed Thread

Old July 28, 2016   #31
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

I don't know where you are normally buying tomato seed. But Curtis' prices seem to be below average to me -- $2 to $2.50

I think you are being a bit impatient, and I think this thread is really much ado about nothing. Selling seeds on a small scale is not an easy business, and Tomatovillians have traditionally shown patience with small sellers who get behind at times, even when they are hard to reach.

Your most recent comments on how expensive his seed is just seems like piling it on at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoder551 View Post
Not a terrible transaction since I did get the seeds, but not very good either. Perhaps I'm a little impatient... Also, at the same time I ordered the seeds, I ordered 3 roses from a grower in CA. and she was so on it! Every time I emailed a question about my dinky little order, I received an answer within a few hours from the grower herself. Of course, there is a price difference between the cost of seeds and plants but in this case, not so much since the roses are babies. I haven't received the roses yet and it might be a month but I'm expecting very good quality judging from her business communications so far. And, these tomato seeds are the most expensive I have purchased...

Gardadore, thank you for the information on those two. Looking forward to growing them...
Old July 28, 2016   #32
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Now that the seeds have arrived even after to money was withdrawn it tells me the person is reputable.

Since we have now started living in a world of instant gratification sometimes it is hard to remember how it was a few years ago.
Back when you filled out the order form from Sears mailed it off with a check and in a few weeks your stuff showed up with no communication what so ever.

Not everyone can afford to pay people to answer emails and the phone if they are busy filling orders and or having to work at a regular job.

Worth
Old July 28, 2016   #33
rhoder551
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
I don't know where you are normally buying tomato seed. But Curtis' prices seem to be below average to me -- $2 to $2.50

I think you are being a bit impatient, and I think this thread is really much ado about nothing. Selling seeds on a small scale is not an easy business, and Tomatovillians have traditionally shown patience with small sellers who get behind at times, even when they are hard to reach.

Your most recent comments on how expensive his seed is just seems like piling it on at this point.
Yes, I understand doing business is not easy and I did send him an apology. The lack of communication was what got to me more then anything. I don't appreciate the tone of your posting, it sounds like a lecture and I don't need that. His seeds are the most expensive I have purchased so far....
Old July 28, 2016   #34
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Well, this whole thread became a bit of a referendum on his business -- and frankly, $2 to $2.50 is below average.

So while you may not pay much for your tomato seeds, your comment implied that even while paying "top dollar" you had the experience you had.

Saying his seeds were the most expensive you have bought was certainly not meant as a positive.

The tone of my posting is in response the general tone of this thread, which I do not like. I am simply registering my opinion. Sorry that it differs from yours.
Closed Thread