Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 19, 2018   #721
Al@NC
Tomatovillian™

It's easy to do if you use an image editor like irfanview. I think most editors have this function (not viewers) and then here's a video showing how to do it in irfanview..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTtb9V-uss

Al@NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2018   #722
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

They look terrific! And thank you for fixing the picture, happens to mine quite often as well
Thank you for the update, so far folks seem to be getting good germination and strong little seedlings Makes me very happy to see everyone’s little plants
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #723
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Al@NC! I will go watch the link. Does anyone else find their pictures randomly loading sideways? It seems strange I need to edit an image that starts out fine when I upload from the source. My lack of technical knowledge is ...well... is!
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #724
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl2601 View Post
Thanks Al@NC! I will go watch the link. Does anyone else find their pictures randomly loading sideways? It seems strange I need to edit an image that starts out fine when I upload from the source. My lack of technical knowledge is ...well... is!
Great looking little plants, hl2601,couldn't help but notice that you also have Rumpelstiltskin started, but this one is supposed to be delineated as Striped Rumpelstiltskin, because it is different than regular Rumpelstiltskin. Rumpelstiltskin does not have stripes, this is a late segregant that showed up in the F6. Won't you please add that to your name tag? Later on since this is a new segregant the breeder will change the name to something different altogether.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #725
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

I sure will Marsha! Thanks for the heads up.
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #726
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Some of my pictures load sideways too. I try to PREVIEW before submitting the post. All I have done is go into the picture editor on my laptop and save the picture, making no changes. The picture then loads on TV perfectly. It is totally random; about 20% of the time.

Meanwhile we had a hellacious storm late afternoon yesterday. Winds were 22 MPH all day, but after 5 the gust were 40-50 MPH. 4 of my 5 plants on the porch toppled over; the one didn't because I had moved it after the first one. One EB toppled over; that was all I could see. I left them all down until this AM. Ripped up the weed barrier on the east side of the house (no tomato plants there).

This morning I went out expecting the worse, and although some branches were broken , nothing else toppled over.

The KARMA PINKS were totally intact; didn't look like they were affected at all; just growing. 10+ tomatoes on the one plant. Many bud and flower clusters. The earlier tomatoes are approaching ping-pong ball size. WooHoo

Started pruning some of the leaf branches.

Will post again when I have new info or ripe tomatoes (haha). I has not been 2 months.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #727
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Some of my pictures load sideways too. I try to PREVIEW before submitting the post. All I have done is go into the picture editor on my laptop and save the picture, making no changes. The picture then loads on TV perfectly. It is totally random; about 20% of the time.

Meanwhile we had a hellacious storm late afternoon yesterday. Winds were 22 MPH all day, but after 5 the gust were 40-50 MPH. 4 of my 5 plants on the porch toppled over; the one didn't because I had moved it after the first one. One EB toppled over; that was all I could see. I left them all down until this AM. Ripped up the weed barrier on the east side of the house (no tomato plants there).

This morning I went out expecting the worse, and although some branches were broken , nothing else toppled over.

The KARMA PINKS were totally intact; didn't look like they were affected at all; just growing. 10+ tomatoes on the one plant. Many bud and flower clusters. The earlier tomatoes are approaching ping-pong ball size. WooHoo

Started pruning some of the leaf branches.

Will post again when I have new info or ripe tomatoes (haha). I has not been 2 months.
We had a lot of high wind yesterday down here south of you too. It wasn't quite such a hellacious storm down here I think it had calmed down a bit. Looks like with the Karma's you're well ahead of the pack. Pretty good green thumb you have there my friend!
Old March 21, 2018   #728
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
We had a lot of high wind yesterday down here south of you too. It wasn't quite such a hellacious storm down here I think it had calmed down a bit. Looks like with the Karma's you're well ahead of the pack. Pretty good green thumb you have there my friend!
The benefits of growing in the winter!
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #729
ReginaAnn
Tomatovillian™

At 7 weeks Karma is looking healthy but we need a break in the weather. Hopefully next week they get planted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg karma2.jpg (257.6 KB, 146 views)
ReginaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2018   #730
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

I’m glad yours made it through that storm Barb!
ReginaAnn, yours are looking great
Karen

Last edited by KarenO; March 21, 2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old March 21, 2018   #731
ReginaAnn
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Karen! SO looking forward to tasting these.
ReginaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018   #732
Koala Doug
Tomatovillian™

On Tuesday night, I started my usual pre-sprouting method - seeds, paper towels, zip-lock bags, and distilled water.

Come Wednesday night, I check all the seeds (because I'm impatient) and, lo and behold, the KARMA Pink already had tiny taproots. Typically, I expect my tomato seeds to take 48+ hours to sprout, so I was pleasantly surprised when these seeds were sprouting in only 24 hours... those little buggers are vigorous!

Koala Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018   #733
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Doug View Post
On Tuesday night, I started my usual pre-sprouting method - seeds, paper towels, zip-lock bags, and distilled water.

Come Wednesday night, I check all the seeds (because I'm impatient) and, lo and behold, the KARMA Pink already had tiny taproots. Typically, I expect my tomato seeds to take 48+ hours to sprout, so I was pleasantly surprised when these seeds were sprouting in only 24 hours... those little buggers are vigorous!

Awesome. Credit to Marsha for her beautiful fresh seeds
KarenO
Old March 22, 2018   #734
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Awesome. Credit to Marsha for her beautiful fresh seeds
KarenO
Thank you, I'll take it!