Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 3, 2015   #11
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
Gerardo,

Mountain Magic is not from the Netherlands. In fact, I see nothing on the Territorial website claiming that it is. Perhaps you concluded that because they describe it as "Campari-type".

It is a variety of Randy Gardners.
I don't have the original packet anymore, I ordered it along with kellogg's bfast from Territorial a while back. I remember I was admiring the foil type packaging and paying attention to the Lot #s (a bad habit I picked up in the biotech world) and it said on both "source: Netherlands" right after the LNs. But as they say in bad action movies, assumption is the mother of all....

I defer to your knowledge of the intricacies of production, distribution, and pretty much everything else in the tomato world! Mt. Magic is a great tomato, and now I know who to thank. Thank you Randy Gardner!

I'd like to walk back-withdraw some of my comments in previous posts within this thread, chief among them that "big pharma two-step" phrase.

Looking forward to growing Orange Jazz, btw.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote