Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old July 14, 2012   #1
royceag
Tomatovillian™

Default Actinovate as a Fungicide. Mixture??

Hi All,
I just received my Actinovate so I can make my "Ami" planting out cocktail. Due to the rain, I've developed a lot of PM, DM, rust & probably several more on squash & bean plants (oops, not tomatoes!). So, I mixed up a batch of Actinovate as a foliar as per the instructions: 1.8 teaspoons per 4 oz water in hose-end sprayer set to 4 oz to cover 200sqft. Well, that lasted maybe 200sq inches before the container with 1/2 cup solution was empty. If the container is empty, aren't I just spraying plain water on the leaves? How's this going to solve my mold issues?? In my estimation, to cover 200sqft, I'd have to make that solution 5-6 times. Where's the breakdown in communication for me? I'm obviously confused as this product is highly lauded. Please Help!
Old July 15, 2012   #2
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Don't use a hose end sprayer to apply Actinovate. Use a Pump Sprayer and you will have better control in applying the product. Ami