Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 10, 2019   #1
asaump
Tomatovillian™

Default DO NOT do business with Burt's Farm in FLA

This goes along with my previous post. I reached out to Rain Science to see what they could tell me about Burt's Farm and if Burt's was an approved dealer. Here is their response.

Hey man sorry to hear about that I would probably not expect your money. I have them on the dealer locator but I need to take them off because he burned us for a bunch of money as well. I would not recommend doing business with Ricky Burts and I would let anybody else know too. We actually had to send him to collections for grow bags that he did not pay for never returned my calls just MIA.

So guess I now will go into battle.
Old May 10, 2019   #2
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Using the Internet to commit a fraud is serious business. I hope you follow through and have this person held accountable. I hope you contact Rain Science and have them join you in your efforts. I think contacting the Florida Attorney Generals office would be a good place to start.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019   #3
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Using the Internet to commit a fraud is serious business. I hope you follow through and have this person held accountable. I hope you contact Rain Science and have them join you in your efforts. I think contacting the Florida Attorney Generals office would be a good place to start.
+1
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2019   #4
asaump
Tomatovillian™

The part that starts with 'Hey man' is from Rain Science when I contacted them earlier today. They have been through this with Ricky Burt. Good idea on the AG office. I'll give that a shot.
Old May 10, 2019   #5
asaump
Tomatovillian™

Complaint just filed with the Florida AG office. I'll update on my progress as more info becomes available.
Old May 10, 2019   #6
PlainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaump View Post
Complaint just filed with the Florida AG office. I'll update on my progress as more info becomes available.
Good for you.
Old May 10, 2019   #7
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

If it was a charge on a credit card, file a dispute with your credit card company right away. Good luck - I hope you can get your $ back!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019   #8
asaump
Tomatovillian™

I filed a dispute with my CC company and included all the correspondence that I have had with Burt's Farm. The CC company has resolved the dispute in my favor and has applied a provisional credit to my account. Merchant was notified so it is now up to him to show why this charge is valid. My guess is the CC company will not hear from them.