Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 15, 2015   #46
geoffrey44
Tomatovillian™

Hi FD
I am a whole world away from you geographically but I use exactly the same method..And as you say the difference between our end product and anything you might buy commercially is astronomical..
Isnt our own own home produced chilli powder wonderful ?
Best regards... Geoff
geoffrey44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2015   #47
geoffrey44
Tomatovillian™

Hi Ginger
I wonder if this applies to some of the warmer chillies you might encounter
geoffrey44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2015   #48
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
Just stopping back into this thread to say I finally got around to doing something with the Jerk Sauce I made. Spread a little in the bottom of a slow cooker, added boneless skinless chicken thighs, and topped with a little more sauce. Cooked on low for about six hours, shredded it with a fork and cooked for 30 minutes more, then served over coconut rice with black beans. AMAZING! Though I might cut back on the number of Scotch Bonnets I used from 5 down to three or four.

PS if anyone follows the recipe link without reading back through the previous posts, I not only left out the cinnamon and lime, I also left out the ketchup, soy sauce, and most of the brown sugar.
Excellent. I'll have to try that! This year I have Ministry of Agriculture Scotch Bonnets growing, well just one plant. The official Jamaican Scotch Bonnet!

In Jamaica the sauce ranges for super hot to mild. The resorts make it mild, but man is it tasty. The restaurants are more traditional with a very strong flavored with high heat type of sauce.
Here's a photo from Three Dives restaurant in Negril. Preparing jerk, and lobster!
drew51 is offline   Reply With Quote