Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old October 23, 2012   #91
kurt
Tomatovillian™

OOPs sorry I did not credit the web page. http://www.ppa.com/findaphotographer/copyright.php This is another one that makes it more clear.Did some more research on google earth and punched in her adress and it is a large empty lot with no tomato fields,no buildings.E mailed her and asked if she actually grew tomatos(no response as of yet).The site bogus,photos are copied,info is a outright lie on varietys.Good enough for me.PS the Mountain variety states it comes from the Alps,she is a reseller.
More Details for Pennys Tomatoes Inc

Pennys Tomatoes Inc in Myrtle Beach, SC is a private company categorized under Unclassified. Our records show it was established in 2008 and incorporated in South Carolina. Register for free to see additional information such as annual revenue and employment figures
More Details for Pennys Tomatoes Inc

Pennys Tomatoes Inc in Myrtle Beach, SC is a private company categorized under Unclassified. Our records show it was established in 2008 and incorporated in South Carolina. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $85,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2 https://www.manta.com/

Last edited by kurt; October 23, 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Far cry for stating 23years in business.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2012   #92
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

So what if other web sites and forums trash Tomatoville.
I have seen them all including a nasty youtube video made by some nice person trashing us.

That is what you get when you are the best.

I have also noticed another well known site called garden dig or something that has now banned certain subjects to be discussed.

I guess they learned their lesson and copied ours.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2012   #93
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Why dont people just do like (Dave's Garden) does.

I dont know how they do it but you cant get a picture from there and post it some place else. You get a warning.
Firefox browser lets you bypass that message.

Websites come and go, so I do tend to save photos to my computer if it's something really remarkable or I want to refer back to later. I don't repost that photo as my own though.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2012   #94
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

I received a reply from the BBB in Myrtle Beach and they reported that they have not yet received a reply from their inquiry to Penny. I also haven't recveived a reply from their web host - liquidweb.com. I also haven't received a reply from the office of the South Carolina State Attorney General.

Perhaps some more complaints to "abuse@liquidweb.com" might get things moving a bit faster.

I am currently looking at finding a lawyer in South Carolina who will take the case and keep all the award money if he or she wins the case. I think there needs to be some litigation to set an example for the future.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Last edited by ContainerTed; November 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2012   #95
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

Principal of Penny's Tomatoes...one Joseph Arditi. Hmmm...
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2012   #96
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpeppers View Post
Principal of Penny's Tomatoes...one Joseph Arditi. Hmmm...
Correct. Joe has his own website where he sells pepper seed and Penny has a link at her site to her DH's pepper webpage.
Old November 9, 2012   #97
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

That's what I thought...I ordered pepper seeds from him a number of years ago. The peppers generated by the plants didn't seem to line up with the descriptions that were advertised. I was more naive back then, but was still suspicious of the C&B story he gave me when I made an e-mail inquiry. That was my first and last order. Interesting how that situation seems to dovetail nicely with what I am reading in this thread...now EVERYTHING makes sense.
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012   #98
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Well, now it seems that "Pepper Joe's" is interested in where he can find "The MuddyBucket Farm". Here's the text of an email I just received.

Where on the internet is Muddy Bucket Farm.
It doesn't show up in Google and we're trying to secure more information on it.

Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
http://www.pepperjoe.com

Ah, the storyline has a new twist. Where will the ending find itself????

In my reply, I told him that he just has to find the "Muddy Bucket Farm". I also indicated that this matter could be settled easily with the removal of photos and other intellectual property from Penny's website that were there without the permission of the legal owners of that property. And, that otherwise, I am fully prepared to test the judicial system and see what a certain Myrtle Beach attorney can earn for litigating this theft issue.

I also suggested that Pepper Joe re-evaluate his legal association with Penny's Tomatoes,

I'll provide further updates as new information is made available.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012   #99
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Ted,

That's very interesting!

I also received an email from Joe today - not sure what to make out of this. I have not been corresponding with him or Penny.

Quote:
We've looked at your website this year and last year.
It is so sad. It looks extremely boring and tired.
Let us know if we can help you to add more excitement and creativity to your website.
Penny and Joe

Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
http://www.pepperjoe.com

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012   #100
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Tania

I think your friends on T-Ville and elsewhere would be happy to tell "Pepper Joe" where to put his peppers and Penny's tomatoes.
Old November 19, 2012   #101
Tania
Tomatovillian™

I know

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old November 19, 2012   #102
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvpc View Post
Tania

I think your friends on T-Ville and elsewhere would be happy to tell "Pepper Joe" where to put his peppers and Penny's tomatoes.
AMEN.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012   #103
Simone
Tomatovillian™

Tania,
When Penny´s and Joe´s websites declares themselves as not boring please stay boring , if this means correctness and integrity.

Simone
Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2012   #104
Tania
Tomatovillian™

I will keep it boring, no worries!!!

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old November 20, 2012   #105
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
We've looked at your website this year and last year.
It is so sad. It looks extremely boring and tired.
Let us know if we can help you to add more excitement and creativity to your website.
Penny and Joe
After that snarky comment, I have to say I have lost any residual sympathy I might have had for them or their business. I can understand beginners on a web business making mistakes, but after specific problems are pointed out to them and they are either too lazy or feel too entitled to fix them, the true sleaziness of them and their website is apparent.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy