Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 9, 2019   #1
dono117
Tomatovillian™

Default neem oil and daconil

I know you should wait 14 days after using neem oil before using daconil. how long should you wait AFTER using Daconil before using neem oil
dono117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2019   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dono117 View Post
I know you should wait 14 days after using neem oil before using daconil. how long should you wait AFTER using Daconil before using neem oil
It depends on WHY you are using the neem oil for what and WHY you are using the Daconil for what.

And I say that since if you are spraying with Daconil rains can wash it off and you'll have to respray again.

If I'm not making sense please ask me to use some different words and I'll try again.

What it comes down to is which SPECIFIC diseases you are trying to prevent.

Carolyn
Old January 9, 2019   #3
dono117
Tomatovillian™

Not sure what you are questioning. Neem oil is primarily used to kill thripes, whiteflys and aphids and other sucking bugs. Daconil is a fungicide. The problem with oil use prior to daconil is that it covers the receptors that daconil uses. I know you need to wait 14 days from using oil to using daconil. What I don't know is if there should be a waiting time after using daconil before using oil.
dono117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daconil , neem oil