Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10, 2016   #1
berryman
Tomatovillian™

Default sales stand design

I am retiring this year and finally going to start selling produce from my little farm. Yaay! I live several hours away from any decent size city and so it really isn't practical for me to travel to farmers markets so I plan on having a stand at my place which I will build from scratch.
I'm a former contractor so I can build just about anything but I have some questions that more experienced sellers might help me with.

I have great curb appeal from the street but I do not want to sit there all day like I have nothing else to do....I am worried about people stopping by with dogs and or kids and pawing through stuff in the short time it takes me to get there from the back acre. I'll be selling greens, vegetables, tomatoes, blackberries, raspberries, rhubarb, asparagus and lots of tree fruits. I've got all that stuff going now as I've spent the last 20 years getting my place in great shape.

So, I don't know what to do for design. Open or closed? Refrigeration I guess. Leave stuff out on counters or keep it put away?
If anyone here has done this kind of permanent stand but not with a person there watching all the time, I would like to get some advice. There are probably some important things I am not even thinking about.
Anyway, thanks for reading.
berryman is offline   Reply With Quote