Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old November 1, 2009   #16
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Error 3426 is another known bug that Microsoft doesn't seem to want to fix. It is another that is caused by the difference between 16 and 32 bit operation.

A single possibility is that your picture is located in such a layered subdirectory that the path and filename exceed 50 characters. This can be overcome by putting a copy of your picture in the directory with the rest of this program. Your pictures will be safe there as they will not be deleted even if you UNINSTALL the software.

DD, check your Yahoo email.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Last edited by ContainerTed; November 1, 2009 at 01:29 PM.
ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2009   #17
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Ted. The last version of Seedbox that you sent me works fine, the pictures are there as they should be!

My computer complained with a C:\Windows\System32\ComDig32.ocx error, but I ignored it and continued the install and everything works like I would expect.What a nice seed inventory program!

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2009   #18
paprika
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Ted! Great tool which loaded just fine and I am now busy entering all my information.

TimothyT
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2009   #19
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

The Pepper Database program is now available for download from Post #1. A program with all sections consolidated will be available shortly.

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old November 12, 2009   #20
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

If you have downloaded Pepperbox before now, you will need to download it again. Sorry, but I found (and repaired) a very critical bug (Thanks DD).

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Last edited by ContainerTed; November 12, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old November 13, 2009   #21
paprika
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Ted,
I was having problems with run errors in Pepperbox, but just tried reloading latest version and it seems to work hunky-dory! Now, back to the entering all my info-whew!

TimothyT.
Old November 13, 2009   #22
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Glad to hear that TimothyT. When I produced the first file, the compression software (Winzip) slipped a couple of bytes and caused the problem. I had to do a series of tests called "CRC Checks" to find the error. CRC stands for Cyclic Redundancy Check and is also known as "Check Sums" and "CRC Check Sums" . Basically, it uses a formula of sorts to add up the characters and spaces (all the Bytes) in a program or file and give a base 16 (hexadecimal) total. It's a great tool that allows you to make sure that no one modifies a file.

Hey, that's enough technical FYI.

Enjoy

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old November 13, 2009   #23
paprika
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Glad to hear that TimothyT. When I produced the first file, the compression software (Winzip) slipped a couple of bytes and caused the problem. I had to do a series of tests called "CRC Checks" to find the error. CRC stands for Cyclic Redundancy Check and is also known as "Check Sums" and "CRC Check Sums" . Basically, it uses a formula of sorts to add up the characters and spaces (all the Bytes) in a program or file and give a base 16 (hexadecimal) total. It's a great tool that allows you to make sure that no one modifies a file.

Hey, that's enough technical FYI.

Enjoy

Ted
yepum, you lost me quickly with your technical post, but hey I got every pepper listed and accounted for! And again, thank you for a great program! And I am indeed enjoying!

TimothyT
Old November 26, 2009   #24
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Ted-I get runtime error 3426 also when I try and search by say "cherry" or "dwarf"

any ideas?
Old November 26, 2009   #25
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

My searches work fine in all databases. As you start to type in the first letters of the term, the database view flips to show the first possible record starting with that combination of letters, and moves to another record as you add letters. Unless the tomato started with the word Cherry, I don't believe it will search for the term elsewhere in the record. Is it possible you are using a version before the latest ones Ted posted?

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2009   #26
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

The "Find" function searches only to a variety name - such as Sungold or Bradley. It is totally specific to the Variety Name and does not parse the variety name to find "Dwarf" (as an example) somewhere in the middle of the variety name.

The term "Find" may be a bit misleading. "Goto" might be a better segway on the true function. In a future update, I might go ahead and have the program search for groups of varieties based on "Dwarf" or "Cherry" or "Rugose" or others.

If you continue to have a problem with the error code, email me a copy of your file "Myseeds.MDB" and I'll check it out and send you a new set of files. I did that with Dee and it solved the annoyance for her.

Send the file to Tubmaters@aol.com. I set this account up to handle any traffic regarding the software and check it often - several times daily.

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old November 26, 2009   #27
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Ted-Good, then the software you sent me is ok-I just started with it today, and its great! My hats off to you.
Old December 10, 2009   #28
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

I thought I'd bump this up to the top so more of the new folks could be aware of the free software

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old December 10, 2009   #29
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

I've got mine downloaded and running. Now I have to find the time to enter all my varieties!
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2009   #30
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Blue-that is my problem also.