Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 24, 2018   #1
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Default Mumless for Fall

What can I grow from seed in my greenhouse to sell as container plants in the fall?

I'm going to order more sunflowers and keep growing them as long as weather allows. I'm looking at ornamental kale, possibly ornamental grasses. I have a lot of big 9" mum pots left over. I used them for container gardens of greens in the early spring. I can do the same thing in the fall, but the weather is still too hot for lettuce in a pot. I've combined tall celosia and short zinnias to make a few combo planters that look nice, trying to build off the ideas in flower arranging, focal point, filler, and breaking the outline with something tall. I'm not sure what I would put in them as fall flowers.

Right now I have a lot of fall color rudbeckia and some calendula coming up as sprouts. They might work in pots. I also ordered the orange ornamental pepper "hot pops" and have those sprouting right now, too, and I have a flat of another purple mini ornamental peppers, Chile Conga, as well.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote