Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating herbs.

Old March 21, 2015   #46
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBCIII View Post
I put the Verbena in Bigger pots and a more direct light spot. My raised beds do not have the dirt in them yet. I am in a tight spot. I have a Bulging Disc with spurring. I am going to see a Surgeon on 3/30/ 15 to find out what is to be done. I have friends that will help me get the dirt in the beds. Until then I do not know what to do about the Carrots? Beale.
fine for the verbena. Eat the carrot tops in your salad and start new seeds in the beds when you get the dirt in them. Sorry to hear your back is such an issue right now. I hope you can find relief soon. if you need new seeds for carrots let me know. I probably have some that I won't get in the garden anyway.
Old March 21, 2015   #47
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
fine for the verbena. Eat the carrot tops in your salad and start new seeds in the beds when you get the dirt in them. Sorry to hear your back is such an issue right now. I hope you can find relief soon. if you need new seeds for carrots let me know. I probably have some that I won't get in the garden anyway.

Thanks for thinking about my back!

I did not know I could eat the Carrot tops? I thank you for the offer of carrot seeds. I still have plenty left over. I did not plant them all, Beale.
EBCIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2015   #48
rosel999
Tomatovillian™

Hi, I am thinking of growing some herbs on my terrace but I know nothing about them. Will some grow in small pots? Sun? I live in New Jersey.
Old December 7, 2015   #49
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

For container growing, "Emily" is a compact basil variety that I like very much.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2015   #50
rosel999
Tomatovillian™

Thank you.