Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 6, 2018   #11
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Yes we have woodchucks here where I am, same as groundhogs, as in

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

He'd chuck as much wood as he could,if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

QED

Robert what else would you like to know about them since you asked the question.

But they have Never damaged the tomatoes that have been grown where I am now,but those grown here are mostly grown in containers,not inground.

As I sit here at the computer there are 4 large tall windows and I can look out to the backyard and the fields beyond, and I see them a lot,they waddle,is what I call it,I don't do anything about them for the reasons I already gave.

But I know that where I used to live some drove large distances and shot them for meat to cook and put on the table and there's a Fire Dept up here near me that puts on a wild game dinner each year and many drive long distances to come to that event. I went once only,you can't believe what they cooked and served, from moose to snakes to,well,that's enough.

But it's also true that you could get a chicken and biscuit dinner if all you wanted to do was to watch those at your table grimace while trying to eat the wild stuff.

That was the entertainment value that you bought your tickets for,just watching and waiting for something gross to happen,like upchucking,sorry I just couldn't stop putting the chuck part here again..

Carolyn