Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 19, 2016   #1
CassInVic
Tomatovillian™

Default 2016 Tomato Trial (Southern Hemispherre beginner)

This year is my first serious attempt at growing tomatoes from seed. I thought I would post some pictures of my plants as they are growing to keep track of their progress and perhaps get some great advice from you all. And of course to make those in the northern hemisphere jealous

My varieties for this year:
Mortgage Lifter
San Marzano
Tommy Toe
Cherokee Purple
Green Zebra
Yellow Pear
and mystery volunteers.

Picture 1: I planted my first seedling out on Melbourne Cup Day (1st November), in keeping with local tradition. Of course I have started more tomatoes than I have space for so this was was chucked into a spare pot with a mix of leftover potting mix and garden soil. Hopefully the drainage will be ok.

Picture 2&3: The rest of my first batch of seedlings were planted out on the 9th of November into the raised bed.

Some seeds were started a bit later, when I swapped with my sister, so they were still in their pots fattening up. Then I went to Perth for a week for my friend's wedding, entrusting the watering and tomato care to my partner J. Would they survive?.....

Save
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0859.jpg (476.5 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0861.jpg (513.8 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0864.jpg (568.5 KB, 151 views)
CassInVic is offline   Reply With Quote