Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 26, 2017   #46
Delerium
Tomatovillian™

I wasn't going to say anything but I knew this guy was a nut bag a few years back. I've had my fair share of confrontations with this person. I can't remember what it was about anymore but I knew he was a 2 face ★★★★★. Sorry to hear he screwed you over to. I came up with the name Tomato Geeks btw lol and he snagged it like the rest of his stolen ebook giveaways.
Delerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2017   #47
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Sadly, his is not the only site that did - and do - illegal downloading of my book (and many others) - I get Google Alerts quite often with this or that one pirating my books - Storey (and all publishers) try to be on top of this, but it's like playing whack a mole. I just forward the alerts to my editor and she sends them on to the department that quashes this stuff.

Doesn't even really bother or surprise me any more....which in itself is probably sad.
Old February 1, 2017   #48
tomatoaddict

Well I'm happy to announce that after 2 weeks my site is back up. When Jerry sent my files he sent the ones from the orignal building of the site, all the product I loaded was not sent back and had to be re-done. Oddly enough, when I was googling certain tomatoes I found my exact copy and photos on Jerry's site! I had sent him an email and told him to take down my photos but he just ignored it. I don't know what I can actually do about it. But the good news is you can now order!! http://secretseedcartel.com
Old February 1, 2017   #49
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

Terry:

Just ordered a couple peppers and tomatoes from http://secretseedcartel.com.

I think I have enough seeds for the next couple of years, but I hate to see someone get taken advantage of!

Keep up the good fight!

Jeff
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2017   #50
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Never ceases to amaze me how stupid crooks can be. The idiot sells seeds, to small gardeners! Does he really think he can get away with being a dishonest crook for very long in such a small community?

Glad things are ending well for you Terry. I will give your site a look right now.
JohnJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2017   #51
tomatoaddict

Thank for all the support!
Old February 2, 2017   #52
JosephineRose
Tomatovillian™

Hi Terry,

I'm shocked by what Jerry Harrell has done. I'm a big fan of your seeds and your site and will be growing several of your varieties this year.

Keep your chin up!
JosephineRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2017   #53
maxjohnson
Tomatovillian™

It's funny going through that website (tomatogeeks) and seeing all the reused images and word for word copied descriptions. Flagrant shamelessness.
maxjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2017   #54
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjohnson View Post
It's funny going through that website (tomatogeeks) and seeing all the reused images and word for word copied descriptions. Flagrant shamelessness.
Brings back memories of Penny's Tomatoes. That business is apparently gone with the wind.
Old June 13, 2017   #55
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Did this fella ever sell seeds? It appears he only sells plants and doesn't ship, pickup only.

That's a mighty professional looking website (with oodles of stolen photos and descriptions (even from Bonnie's)) for a local plant seller???
Old January 23, 2018   #56
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

I know this is an old thread, but I just read it for the first time and checked out the "tomatogeeks" website. At the bottom of his web page it says "we proudly support the American Tomato Growers Association". I checked out their web page and found the following "we proudly support Tomatogeeks". I checked out the listed address for both and surprise, surprise; yep, the same address on Schoolcraft road. The association sells seeds and the geeks sells plants from the same address. Quite a scammer.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2019   #57
tomatoaddict

Yep he runs both of those sites. When I paid him to build my site, he had me PayPal it to the tomato growers association as a donation. Then when he screwed me over because it was a donation pp won’t do anything. I heard his site is for sale. Maybe karma is coming around.
Old February 19, 2019   #58
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

@tomatoaddict: Hang in there! I believe that there IS a natural balance in this world. "Good" usually wins out. Jerry will get what's coming to him!

~Jon~ Downheah, Mississippi
Goodloe is offline   Reply With Quote