Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 17, 2009   #1
newgardener_tx
Tomatovillian™

Default BER on several plants and other diseases

Growing tomato is never easy. Today I picked a lot of fruits with black spots on the bottom-end of the tomatoes. One is Jubilee growing in pot, the others are cherokee green, ARGG and black Krim in the same raised bed. Other plants such as cherokee purple, cherokee chocolate and black cherry in the same bed are OK. I planted them and water them always the same. Those three plants with BER look very healthy but with very few fruits and they all with BER. I will throw some bone meal to them to see any help.

A very healthy black cherry (my biggest plant, ~ 8 feet tall) in a different plot just wilted with hundreds of tomatoes on it. It just died with green leaf! Then a cherokee Chocolate next to it died in the same way in two days. Other plants around them are OK so far.

Two brandywine plants so far set me one fruit. I will give it up next year no matter how good it taste.

The big beef and celebrity are loaded with nice sized fruits. Maybe I should cut back all these heirlooms and give more cresits to hybrids.
newgardener_TX
newgardener_tx is offline   Reply With Quote