Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 25, 2022   #1
dshreter
Tomatovillian™

Default Favorite Determinate Tomatoes

I have a ton of experience and favorite indeterminate tomatoes. But I have very little knowledge of the best determinate tomatoes to grow.

What are your favorites? And are there any worth growing for flavor for non-sauce applications that rival the indeterminate beefsteaks?
dshreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2022   #2
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

I have a bed of determinate and a bed of dwarf tomatoes this year, but I planted late and haven't harvested anything yet. Last year, my favorite determinate was Early Wonder Pink. I also liked (dwarf) Coastal Pride Orange, but it didn't produce a lot. I've repeated both this year.
habitat_gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2022   #3
Shrinkrap
Tomatovillian™

I do not grow determinate, but I also feel you. Might want to check out some of the Dwarf Tomato Project. They are mostly indeterminates, but they stay about 4 feet tall while continuing to gear fruit like their indeterminate parents.

Here's a link.

https://www.dwarftomatoproject.net/

It's the plant, and not the tomatoes that are small.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tempFileForShare_20220603-105826.jpg (76.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200716_234704.jpg (76.9 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190804_135158.jpg (111.7 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Shrinkrap; June 27, 2022 at 08:48 PM.
Shrinkrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2022   #4
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshreter View Post
I have a ton of experience and favorite indeterminate tomatoes. But I have very little knowledge of the best determinate tomatoes to grow.

What are your favorites? And are there any worth growing for flavor for non-sauce applications that rival the indeterminate beefsteaks?
Hello, dshreter

I Loved growing the "Elberta Peach Heirloom Tomatoes because of it's beautiful colors, along with Casady's Folly Tomatoes that were given to me my many people involved in Dr. Carolyn Tomato project.
But This year My "Red Robins Dwart Tomatoes Took The Show from all my other Determinants selling almost out of Seeds and Plants. I have started 100 more plants to keep-up with the demand, Amen!!! They was the earliest tomatoes this year for us to eat, even our Big Dog took a Red Robin tomato off the table and eat it-up.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote