Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 13, 2017   #1
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Default I really like Linda!

Actually, this Linda is a near-Micro from the Ukraine. I had never heard of this variety before, so I grew it this spring. It did very, very well. Very small plant (advertised as "year round) but I have not grown it under lights yet. I will bring one in this fall to try under my new LED's. It's a very tasty dwarf saladette and many of them go close to 2" (spring). Here's where I got it:

http://stores.ebay.com/Nikitovka-See...p2047675.l2563

The postage is slow (but very inexpensive), and I've gotten my orders without issue. They have some interesting varieties that were certainly new to me -- mostly OP, but hybrids, too.

-GG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Linda Ukraine2.jpg (213.9 KB, 121 views)
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2017   #2
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Can you describe the taste?

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2017   #3
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Tastes like a full-sized tomato rather than sweet like most cherries. But to me its main claim to fame is that it is large enough to slice (barely) for a BLT (etc.) and it is at least two weeks earlier than I am able to get from a regular dwarf. About a week later than Red Robin. I start these on Feb 1. Get the first ripe fruit by late May. I grew two in that 12" hanging basket in the pic and they did good, but next season I'll try just one per basket -- maybe a 10" basket.
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2017   #4
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Looks like a really nice size for hanging baskets. I may have to give that supplier a try, lots of other interesting things there too. Thanks for posting your experience.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote