Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Old May 13, 2016   #1
Emeoba69
Tomatovillian™

Default Ohio Mulch Green Envy?

Has anyone in the Cincinnati region every tried Ohio Mulch's Green Envy? It has top soil, sand, compost, and perlite. It seems steep at 50 bucks a cubic yard but I need SOMETHING to use instead of our terrible clay soil. Ill be at my grandfather's farm this year so I have a much bigger space to dig out Im thinking 15'x20'x10-12" but needing 10+ cubic yards is a little too rich for my blood. Any suggestions?

Green Envy

Last edited by Emeoba69; May 13, 2016 at 10:00 AM.
Emeoba69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2016   #2
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

Not sure where you're located but you might compare prices to Good Seed Farm in Brown County. They are an easy (but pretty far) drive from downtown by taking the 275 loop to Route 32 east. Here is their website:
www.goodseedfarm.com
Old May 13, 2016   #3
Emeoba69
Tomatovillian™

Im in the Loveland-Mason area, I'll given them a call see if they deliver. Ive yet to check out Natorps bulk pricing. Also just wondering if this Green Envy blend would be something to shoot for if I built it myself, does it seem good for tomatoes?
Old May 13, 2016   #4
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I would think a good mix of compost, sand, topsoil, and perlite would be great with our clay soil. I use everything to make mine you listed..minus the perlite. Thats a great idea to add though
Old May 13, 2016   #5
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

You might also check out the place outside of Milford on Route 50 for your bulk stuff. The name just came to me. Evans Landscaping.
Old June 8, 2016   #6
Emeoba69
Tomatovillian™

I went with Evans super soil. Topsoil, aged manure, compost, and sand. I'll update with results.