Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old May 9, 2013   #1
GoGayleGo
Tomatovillian™

Default Burpee Pea Fence issues, is it me?

I ordered/received 10 packs of pea fencing from Burpee. On one of the sections, the welding was non-existent on 4 out of 5 places where the upright wire intersects the five cross wires (so it kind of flapped around). I contacted Burpee customer service, and they're sending a replacement.

During the process of making the double cages and moving them outside, several other sections had one of their welds pop.

Are they that delicate? I don't feel like I was manhandling them or anything. Is this normal, or do I have defective fencing?
GoGayleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013   #2
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Defective fencing for sure. I use the gurney's pea fence which is the same as burpee and have never had a separation problem. Another phone call to Burpee might be in order.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013   #3
GoGayleGo
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't want to make a big deal of it if it was normal (though for the price of these things, I was certainly hoping the quality was higher than that). Per your suggestion, I contacted them again and they are sending another replacement set, so all four defective panels will have been replaced. Fingers crossed!
GoGayleGo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burpee , cage , pea fence