Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old March 1, 2009   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default More MAGTAG Ramblings - mostly health-related

I mentioned in another thread that my Dad will be 87 on August 23, and he plans to make this year's event again.

There's been a wrench in the works, though - "Poppy" (as the grandkids call him) underwent a triple bypass yesterday. He called 911 from home last week and was just starting to have a heart attack when the paramedics arrived. The old man really dodged a bullet this time. He's resting at Johns Hopkins right now, and his surgeon says his recovery at this point is like that of a man in his 60s. Must be all the tomatoes!

The thing that galls me most is that I'm not allowed to visit him, since I'm supposed to stay away from hospitals, public transportation, schools, and other germ factories while I'm undergoing chemo - it makes me more susceptible to infection.

Hopefully by August both of us will be in decent shape. I know I will be; and Dad wouldn't miss MAGTAG for the world.

So now, since you've all been so kind with your prayers, good vibes, spells, wishes, and other positive thoughts for me (which appear to be working quite well, thank you - I feel great for the most part), could you please add Ol' Edwin to your list? He's been getting a lot of Catholic (lapsed and otherwise), Lutheran, Methodist, Quaker, and Disciples of Christ prayers from my extended family - any other flavor will certainly be welcome. I want to cover all my bases here and bombard the Higher Power with so much that s/he can't ignore it.

I'm thinking - my hair should be grown back, but very short by August. Rather than wearing a wig or scarf, I might just temporarily dye it red and yellow so I look like a striped tomato!
Old March 1, 2009   #2
gflynn
MAGTAG™

My wife and I just started a novena for a friend's mother with cancer and my wife's brother that recently died of cancer. We will add you an your dad to our list!
Old March 5, 2009   #3
Adenn1
Tomatovillian™

Edwin has been added to my prayers...so sad that you can not visit...but you have to take care of yourself Cecilia.