Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 24, 2020   #1
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Default Vole problems in my garden

I'm having a problem with ether moles or voles digging in my garden.I'm seeing small holes about 2 inches deep all over my garden.From what I read moles leave mounds of dirt and voles leave holes.Looking on line on ways to get rid of them I have seen many different things offered.One I saw was a windmill that sends vibrations into the ground.Has anyone tried this?I have to admit I like windmills and things that spin in the wind but really need something that will work.I have see that human urine would be effective and that by far would be the cheapest.I need to drink more water anyway.Seems like this might be a bad year for pests.I have seen them in the past in my garden but have never seen so many holes.Any ideas and things that have worked for your garden you could share would be of great interest.My wife first rolled her eyes at me on the urine and is not crazy about a windmill.But this is war and I take my tomatoes and peppers very seriously.I had posted last week thinking it was Chipmunks because I had seen them around the garden but I did kill a vole or mole the other evening.I could not tell what it was for sure but it was not a mouse.

Last edited by cjp1953; June 24, 2020 at 01:43 PM.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote