Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 3, 2018   #1
chiefbeaz
Tomatovillian™

Default Blue Ribbon Seed Company, KY Heirlooms

Does any one know who took over the seed company after Maria closed her business? Gary Millwood was involved with her, but as most of us are aware, he has passed away. I'm not sure if Maria is a active member of T.V.

Blue Ribbon was one of the best company's to deal with in my experience. She also had varieties that were hard to find , other than on her web site. There are several Kentucky heirlooms that she carried that I would like to find. Any information of where the Blue Ribbon seed's ended up would be appreciated . Hopefully some one has the collection.
chiefbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2018   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbeaz View Post
Does any one know who took over the seed company after Maria closed her business? Gary Millwood was involved with her, but as most of us are aware, he has passed away. I'm not sure if Maria is a active member of T.V.

Blue Ribbon was one of the best company's to deal with in my experience. She also had varieties that were hard to find , other than on her web site. There are several Kentucky heirlooms that she carried that I would like to find. Any information of where the Blue Ribbon seed's ended up would be appreciated . Hopefully some one has the collection.
Yes, Maria was once a member here, still is, but she last posted here on Feb 1, 2012 in her thread in the seed source forum..

I know she gave it up and that's why she made those wonderful offers for so many packs of seed for practically nothing.

Here is a thread that might interest you

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...460#post252460

Some intensive Googling tells me no more, but I hope someone here does know more than I was able to find.

Carolyn
Old January 3, 2018   #3
mecktom
Tomatovillian™

I enjoyed buying from Blue Ribbon and Maria. It was always a good experience.
mecktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2018   #4
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

chiefbeaz,

Lucky Clover Farm acquired Maria's varieties (and much of Gary Millwood's collection) three years ago. I haven't kept up after that so you might want to contact them directly to ask if they are keeping the seed stock fresh and if it is available. Almost all of the KY heirlooms I sourced from Maria did exceptional here in So Cal and were standout varieties. If you find out anything please post back... their facebook page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/LuckyCloverFarm/

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2018   #5
chiefbeaz
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
chiefbeaz,

Lucky Clover Farm acquired Maria's varieties (and much of Gary Millwood's collection) three years ago. I haven't kept up after that so you might want to contact them directly to ask if they are keeping the seed stock fresh and if it is available. Almost all of the KY heirlooms I sourced from Maria did exceptional here in So Cal and were standout varieties. If you find out anything please post back... their facebook page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/LuckyCloverFarm/

Steve
Thanks for the information. I will try to contact them and will post any information i get regarding seed availability.
chiefbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2018   #6
barbamWY
Tomatovillian™

I've been following them on Facebook. They do a lot of Farmers Markets. They seem like nice folks. I have not bought anything from them. They also make homemade jelly, breads and other things. I'd give them a try if they had something I was looking for.
barbamWY is offline   Reply With Quote