Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 7, 2012   #1
lurley
Tomatovillian™

Default Renee's garden seeds

I must put out a good word for this site. I liked her last company before she sold it, and I like her new one too. One thing I really like, the packets of multiple varieties. As a new gardener, years ago, I was overwhelmed with the varieties in all the catalogs and could never narrow my list down to one type of anything. Combo packs like three cabbages, or three beans in one pack can enable you to try several varieties without the expense of buying three separate packs of everything, a nice feature.
http://reneesgarden.com/
lurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2012   #2
kath
Tomatovillian™

I agree- my order to Renee's this year included an heirloom lettuce combo and a summer squash trio.
It's an inexpensive way to trial multiple varieties and to use more of a seed packet before the germination is kaput, with veggies like lettuce that don't keep that long.
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2013   #3
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

Topping this thread to express my disappointment in Renee's Garden seed packet. I paid $3.00 for Sun Gold Cherry's and the packet only had 14 seeds in it! Seriously? I felt ripped off and dont' expect I will be buying any more of their seed packets.
pdxwindjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2013   #4
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxwindjammer View Post
Topping this thread to express my disappointment in Renee's Garden seed packet. I paid $3.00 for Sun Gold Cherry's and the packet only had 14 seeds in it! Seriously? I felt ripped off and dont' expect I will be buying any more of their seed packets.
I was also a bit dissapointed in the quantity of seeds in my Sungold packet from Renee's finding 15. I was expecting to see the more typical 30 or so. However, in fairness, there is a link in the left column of each page on the site that tells the number of seeds for each variety. Sungold indicates 15 to 20. I did not look at that until after I ordered.

http://www.reneesgarden.com/hm-gardn...ature-type.htm

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2013   #5
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

i buy my batavian lettuces from renee's and always am satisfied but it's all i buy from her. they are pretty nice people in my experience.

tom
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote